• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had a Glock 21 for about 20 years. I have also have had a Glock 30 for many years.(I also have a Glock 27, and 23). I sold off the 21 not too long ago. I kept the 30.

The 21 is a great gun, but it is rather large for carry. I much prefer carrying the 30 over the 21.

Take a look at the 30, or even the new 30s (36 slide on a 30 frame). You can use the 21 mags in the 30.

bob_dolemite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    The first time I shot the 21, the slide locked back prematurely every other mag or so. Later, I attributed it to riding the slide stop with my support hand. Adjusted my grip slightly and replaced the stop with a Vickers and it's been gravy since. The Vickers extends from the frame ever so slightly, just enough so I can feel if I'm on it. Just something for you to consider.

Somehow the trigger is light years better than on my 9mms. Maybe it's just the weight of the gun but I love pulling the trigger on the 21. The same weight keeps me from carrying it, though. I'm getting a Gen4 30 as soon as I can find one.

bob_dolemite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    The first time I shot the 21, the slide locked back prematurely every other mag or so. Later, I attributed it to riding the slide stop with my support hand. Adjusted my grip slightly and replaced the stop with a Vickers and it's been gravy since. The Vickers extends from the frame ever so slightly, just enough so I can feel if I'm on it. Just something for you to consider.

Somehow the trigger is light years better than on my 9mms. Maybe it's just the weight of the gun but I love pulling the trigger on the 21. The same weight keeps me from carrying it, though. I'm getting a Gen4 30 as soon as I can find one.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I had a Gen 3 non SF for a good while as well, great to shoot, accurate. In the end it went away. I'd like to get a Gen 4 to replace it sometime, the grip is great on them! It's too big for carry though, unless you're a LEO or OC all the time. :twocents: The 30 is a great shooting piece also.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Can someone explain to me what "sf" is? Sorry I'm sure thats a dumb question. The only thing for me is I have held a couple glocks that had the short grips and never really liked the way it felt in my hand. They felt really short.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Can someone explain to me what "sf" is? Sorry I'm sure thats a dumb question. The only thing for me is I have held a couple glocks that had the short grips and never really liked the way it felt in my hand. They felt really short.

"sf" stands for Short Frame. The distance between the front and back of the grip is less than a standard model.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm going to have to get to a store and check them both out, seeing them side by side would really help and feeling them both in my hand. But with the way stock is right now I'm sure that will be difficult.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I carry mine everyday. Traded the 1911 for the Glock as the EDC. Now it's my multi tool. I carry it, it sits in my nightstand, goes in my off body carry, car rig. Seriously, I hit everything I aim at with it, the groupings are nice and tight in two shot double taps. It's an older one, Gen 2.5 state police trade in, non SF, with night sights, with some slide rattle but I've put 2500 through it and it still runs like a champ. Also, Don Hume makes an awesome IWB holster for it. Even with the Arredondo baseplate extension it hides well.

Tl;dr I would highly recommend it if you're a .45 fan.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I carry mine everyday. Traded the 1911 for the Glock as the EDC. Now it's my multi tool. I carry it, it sits in my nightstand, goes in my off body carry, car rig. Seriously, I hit everything I aim at with it, the groupings are nice and tight in two shot double taps. It's an older one, Gen 2.5 state police trade in, non SF, with night sights, with some slide rattle but I've put 2500 through it and it still runs like a champ. Also, Don Hume makes an awesome IWB holster for it. Even with the Arredondo baseplate extension it hides well.

I think I'll be checking them out for sure sometime soon, I like my 1911 too much to give it up for good though haha.

Tl;dr I would highly recommend it if you're a .45 fan.

Sounds like you may be a fellow redditor!

MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    Check out this video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly5UnR7pPtk[/ame]

it compares the glock 21 to a 1911.. the guy is a 1911 fan and he really likes the glock 21. just shows the glock 21 shooting a little bit.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly5UnR7pPtk

it compares the glock 21 to a 1911.. the guy is a 1911 fan and he really likes the glock 21. just shows the glock 21 shooting a little bit.

I actually just watched this the other day, Hickok45 has a ton of knowledge. I've already learned a good amount from his videos. Thanks for the post though, I will be re-watching it because there was something he talked about in the video that I wanted to go over again. Thanks again!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    It fits my hands and I really like it for plinking & IDPA/IPSC & self defense.

My only issue is that I reload both for the G21 and a 1911. Brass fired through the G21 can sometimes be expanded near the base and not very 1911 friendly. There are work arounds for this, but it is a little bit of a nuisance.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It fits my hands and I really like it for plinking & IDPA/IPSC & self defense.

My only issue is that I reload both for the G21 and a 1911. Brass fired through the G21 can sometimes be expanded near the base and not very 1911 friendly. There are work arounds for this, but it is a little bit of a nuisance.

If you'd just sell those old-timey guns and go with the plastic stuff, you'd be happier! :D

Top Bottom