• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Im extremely interested in the Tavor. And if purchased this would be my first ever rifle in the light 223 /556 caliber. I have had many AK's and currently have a old Yugo m70, a Polish under-folder and a mint condition Mak 90, All great AK's and I managed to get one of the first batch of VZ58's that came in the country like 6 years ago "dont quote me lol " but im close lol. And Absolutely fell in love with my VZ58. Its a light, accurate and amazingly durable & dependable rifle. Hangs with the AR guys all day and has the much more potent and affordable 7.62x39.... this compact rifles handling is i dare to say more maneuverable than both AK & AR pattern rifles. I know im asking for an attack here but we all have our opinions. Now after many years of a small compact rifle. Im dying for a Bull pup. The TAVOR... now after handling an AUG, PS90 and the FS200. I have put them in this order as far as handling ... 1#- PS90 #2- FS200 #3- Aug. But now we have the TAVOR and as much as i want one ive never been a fan of the 223 and find the 556 better in power & ability but availability and price are sometimes and issue when shooting my friends AR's. But the overall design of the Tavor appears outstanding. A true gem. Now IWI has a new x95 Tavor chambered in 7.62x51 (308) that we should see come to market in the next couple years. I believe there's a video on you tube. by the military arms channel guy. Fun stuff. Part of me says buy the Tavor now in-case the great gun debate takes a bad turn as i can see bull-pup style rifles being a target. Another part of me prefers the much stronger round that the x95 Tavor will be offering in the future..... worth the wait? Would the Tavors price hold for that time in a way that resale value would hold as-well? Do I wanna add a new caliber to my collection? These are all good questions when considering an entirely new beast. I currently only shoot 9mm, 7,62x39, 22lr and 44mag. so would adding a 223 offering be excessive? In my mind this is a very big serious choice.

Im currently debating my own X-mass present lol the TAVOR is #1 on my list thus far lol

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I couldn't imagine passing up an opportunity like that just because you don't want to add a new round to your inventory. In fact, I see diversity as a good thing in this case. When the new model comes out later, there will always be somebody interested in buying your "old" TAVOR, and there will certainly be no shortage of people looking for .223/5.56 either.

There are good reasons not to buy a gun, like finances, but I just can't see not wanting a new caliber stopping me. Have fun, man. And good luck!

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I'm not the person who can counsel you on many of your questions. I'm just not that experienced. I can tell you though that I have a Tavor and I'm really enjoying it. I'm in Indy and can also offer you a test shoot if your interested if we can find a place suitable to meet up (Beech Grove perhaps). It may help you make a decision. Bullpups seem to be a love 'em or hate 'em thing.

TavorTreeViewLeftSide1_zpse6c33aa0.jpg

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I got one and am 100% sold on the tavor. I got rid of it like an idiot and have been scrambling to find another one. Best 556/223 Ive ever shot. Worth the money 100%

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    3oFYa6k.jpg

They're worth it.

No use being apprehensive of the 5.56x45mm, it'll do a lot more than you think, considerably more than 7.62x39mm depending on the load.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I got one and am 100% sold on the tavor. I got rid of it like an idiot and have been scrambling to find another one. Best 556/223 Ive ever shot. Worth the money 100%

I am assuming that you bought the one on here, that was listed for $1700, and you had to make a couple hundred on it, either on armslist or gunbroker, now you post a WTB ad hoping to get another one cheap. I don't feel sorry for you. Helmet on and chin strap fastened. Let the beating begin. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom