• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    I am looking for anyone who owns a CZ P07 Gen 2. What to know about reliability, function, trigger, basically everything any owner can tell me about the pistol. How it feels in had with someone that has large puffy hands & fingers.

This is my next pistol I hope here soon, I just sold my PPQ M1 to hepl fund this but I just want some more information on this CZ P07 pistol. Thanks for all replies.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    It's been a while, but I did a sort of initial review on the P-07 when I first got mine. This is the newer model, not the previous "Duty".

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/337763-2014-cz-p-07-house.html

And boy, was it a shooter. Feels really good in your hands, as CZ pistols tend to do. I've since sold off all my polymers in favor of steel, including this one, but I really, really liked it. Easy to shoot, easy to take care of, handles recoil very nicely, and really accurate. If I ever wanted another polymer, this would be at the top of my list, though I'd have to give the upcoming CZ P-10 striker-fired option a look too. I suspect it will be priced very similarly to the P-07, maybe even a bit less.

Pinger5560

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2016
    Columbia City
    It's been a while, but I did a sort of initial review on the P-07 when I first got mine. This is the newer model, not the previous "Duty".

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/337763-2014-cz-p-07-house.html

And boy, was it a shooter. Feels really good in your hands, as CZ pistols tend to do. I've since sold off all my polymers in favor of steel, including this one, but I really, really liked it. Easy to shoot, easy to take care of, handles recoil very nicely, and really accurate. If I ever wanted another polymer, this would be at the top of my list, though I'd have to give the upcoming CZ P-10 striker-fired option a look too. I suspect it will be priced very similarly to the P-07, maybe even a bit less.

Thanks for your reply, I really need to find one again & shoot it, cannot remember the feel of the pistol it's been over a year. I only put one mag through the one I shot then.

Squatz24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Muncie
    Is the P-07 the smaller of the two (P07, P09)? I held and dry fired the smaller of the two and was impressed with it. I don't have much experience with hammer fired guns, but the trigger was great DA and SA. Little more take up with SA than I anticipated, but I could get used to it. Not much different in size than a 19. Natural pointer as well. The stippling on the frame where your thumb rests is nice as well.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have two P09s (.40 and 9mm) as well as two of the earlier P07s (also in 9mm and .40). Needless to say, I'm a fan of the type. Both of the P09s have been flawless in function as has the 9mm P07. I've had trouble with the .40 P07 but think that its behind me now that I've sourced updated mags. They are great pistols, but there are a couple of downsides to them in that the mags are expensive. If you plan on picking up a bunch of spare mags, they run just over $40 each on a good day. Sight options are not as plentiful, but they are out there. Price is about the same as others too, so that is a very minor issue. The upside is that they are a great pistol and can be completely disassembled without the need for tools (excepting the trigger pin). With a minor outlay in cash (under $100) and a bit of time spent polishing, you can do a basic spring upgrade with CajunGunWorks parts and come away with a really nice pistol. Later, you can go whole hog and add the short reset kit, hammer and roller upgrade to make a truely world class carry gun.

I cannot comment directly on the Gen 2 P07s but my P09s (no such thing as a Gen 1 P09) have been great.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I enjoy a wide variety of guns, love my Sigs, my Glock 19, PPQ etc. But the P-07 and the P-09 are awesome guns, feel great and shoot great!psykoMine are not for sale and would highly recommend.

Top Bottom