• ...and so much more!
  • Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    I am glad that they got him but....
    It takes what, about a regiment to root out one (moderately?) trained adversary in an urban setting who's populace is hostile (but mostly unarmed) to that adversary? ***Repeat***I am glad that they got him (and not riddle him with ordinance).
    What amount of assets would it take if a scenario like that that took place in Mumbai would occur? A couple of heavy armored divisions?
    MH

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think he means patting on the back.

It's a veritable love-fest going on right now. The Kumba-Ya feel good gestures will now begin.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I am glad that they got him but....
    It takes what, about a regiment to root out one (moderately?) trained adversary in an urban setting who's populace is hostile (but mostly unarmed) to that adversary? ***Repeat***I am glad that they got him (and not riddle him with ordinance).
    What amount of assets would it take if a scenario like that that took place in Mumbai would occur? A couple of heavy armored divisions?
    MH

Go to Boylston Street and say that. You'll be fine. BMC is world class:D

(Don't really do it.....)

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Kinda related, but not really....what's the bill to the taxpayers going to be for all that overtime? I wouldn't imagine they'd be salaried...

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I think he means patting on the back.

It's a veritable love-fest going on right now. The Kumba-Ya feel good gestures will now begin.

Hmmmm. I thought he may be implying that the people were wrong for do the state requested bug-in and not handling it themselves?

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Again, I am glad they got him.
    The media representation and the local reaction to it reminded me of the last 15 minutes of The Blues Brothers (sans "Hut, Hut, Hut).
    MH

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The boat owner found him from the blood trail. Sheer luck in the end. He would have been found on the next warm day when his corpse went decomp in the heat.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Funny thing is that why didn't these ****ers stayed low profile after the incident, instead they were creating a racket and causing attention. It's either they were dumb asses or were told that's what they're supposed to do.

Regardless, I'm really glad that this is over. I wouldn't be at ease during the Indy marathon and the Geist marathon.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Kinda related, but not really....what's the bill to the taxpayers going to be for all that overtime? I wouldn't imagine they'd be salaried...

#1, who cares.
    #2, if it were here we would likely be trading time off for time worked over 40
    #3, see number 1

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    The boat owner found him from the blood trail. Sheer luck in the end. He would have been found on the next warm day when his corpse went decomp in the heat.

Luck and the judicious application of projectiles.

The people should celebrate. They got hit hard. I'm glad the boat owner looked and saw and called. I want this guy to survive through his interview and trial.

Find the down side, point out the negative go for it, you're right. This was horribly expensive in money and lives. If it were handled perfectly, these guys would have been stopped before it happened, but it's not a perfect world.

The people of the Boston area have been on a mind trip and it looks like they can rest a bit. Let them clap for the police.

A lot of cops are going to get free meals and smiles and thank yous in that area for a bit. People are going to be recognized for saving lives at the bombing scenes and the press will take photos of the victims and their families smiling with the strangers who saved their lives by tearing strips of their own clothing to make tourniquets.

I have had too much negative for one week. I'm ready to go to bed happy about something. At least those two pieces of trash are not roaming the streets murdering people anymore. :twocents:

People are going home all over Boston tonight heroes to their families. Good for them.

scatwater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    North East Indiana
    Funny thing is that why didn't these ****ers stayed low profile after the incident, instead they were creating a racket and causing attention. It's either they were dumb asses or were told that's what they're supposed to do.

Regardless, I'm really glad that this is over. I wouldn't be at ease during the Indy marathon and the Geist marathon.

All the more reason to stay aware. I am fully expecting to see copy cats. Look how they shut down a city. I'm sure someone is taking notes.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There sure isn't a lot of questioning of how the hell this could have happened. Where are the ones who knew these terrorists?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I'm ready to go to bed happy about something.

Then this will help:
    Turn on the TV and look at all the American flags being waved by people on the side of the road in Watertown. :patriot:

EDIT: And the Back Bay too.

I am curious about the"Shelter In Place" order / request. Is that a state code or federal code that describes it application?
    MH

It was just a request. There is usually no force of law. Although they gave some forceful verbal commands today I hear. The cool thing is when the Governor declares a snow emergency most state employees get the day off. He requests employers do a snow day....most do:rockwoot:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Luck and the judicious application of projectiles.

The people should celebrate. They got hit hard. I'm glad the boat owner looked and saw and called. I want this guy to survive through his interview and trial.

Find the down side, point out the negative go for it, you're right. This was horribly expensive in money and lives. If it were handled perfectly, these guys would have been stopped before it happened, but it's not a perfect world.

The people of the Boston area have been on a mind trip and it looks like they can rest a bit. Let them clap for the police.

A lot of cops are going to get free meals and smiles and thank yous in that area for a bit. People are going to be recognized for saving lives at the bombing scenes and the press will take photos of the victims and their families smiling with the strangers who saved their lives by tearing strips of their own clothing to make tourniquets.

I have had too much negative for one week. I'm ready to go to bed happy about something. At least those two pieces of trash are not roaming the streets murdering people anymore. :twocents:

People are going home all over Boston tonight heroes to their families. Good for them.

Yes...tip my hat to them as well.

Rest easy Boston.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    #1, who cares.
    #2, if it were here we would likely be trading time off for time worked over 40
    #3, see number 1

#1 - i do, since i asked i would assume it would be obvious.

I work in TV, when big events happen it means cash money for photogs and satellite uplink trucks. Then there's pay for travel, per diam etc.

Law enforcement are paid as far as I know. Wondering what it costs to have all those departments pay to travel their guys +time and a half.

People see all this manpower and think how awesome it is, i see the response and think dollars and cents.

I dunno, just the way i am. Sorry if i stepped on your manhood...

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    The sad part about this is gun control in Massachusetts. 100 years ago if the SOB was on the loose, the men in the neighborhood would get together and find the him.

100 years later, you lock your doors and stay with your head tucked between your legs, hoping the police find him. Sad.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom