• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Random thing I stumbled across when looking for something else.

Apparently, Sear's sells thread protectors in various thread pitches and they are pretty reasonably price (around $8).

Sears.com

I picked up 4 of them to replace some I'd either lost or to go on guns that didn't come with one (like the CZ P07 Duty for some reason). Shipping was about $6, regardless how many I put in there, so I guess it's cheaper if you want a bunch. They also have non-blued ones and even a bull barrel version.

Anyway, nothing too crazy to get excited about, but it seemed like a good deal to me. It seemed like most other thread protectors I've seen for sale were running from $15 to $20, which seemed nuts for such a simple thing.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Just as a quick update, I got my thread protectors.

Let's just say you get what you pay for. While they were well made and all of them were properly threaded, they are awfully thick and are actually a dusty gray, and not black. So, they will look weird on the end of a slim barrel. The protectors that came on my Storm Lake and Lone Wolf barrels were definitely much nicer.

Now, are they are worth double the price? I don't know. What's the price of vanity?

jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    Its not sold by sears. They are sold through sears. There is a bit of a difference. It is true that they are about $10 less than anywhere else I have seen.

Top Bottom