• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Make that 4 local gun shows within an easy drive of Indianapolis this weekend:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ion/430871-columbus-gun-show-feb-4th-5th.html

And this is why the quality has been going down for all shows for the last 5 years or so....just too many shows on the same weekend, which splits up and spreads out the quality vendors. This also contributes to the raise of more flea market type vendors at the shows because promoters have to sell their tables. :twocents:

Just image if you took the top 20 to 30 "quality vendors" from all four shows that will be going on this weekend and put them all in one show ...it would be one hell of a show. :twocents:

Last edited:
    Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    And this is why the quality has been going down for all shows for the last 5 years or so....just too many shows on the same weekend, which splits up and spreads out the quality vendors. This also contributes to the raise of more flea market type vendors at the shows because promoters have to sell their tables. :twocents:

Just image if you took the top 20 to 30 "quality vendors" from all four shows that will be going on this weekend and put them all in one show ...it would be one hell of a show. :twocents:

Agree!! I'm hoping they all show up to Lebanon, my wife is hoping not.

indiana36Bravo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2014
    Boone/Tipp. Countys
    Technically, most shows are around the three day mark as Lebanon's is February 3,4,5. So this gives an individual a couple days to shop around if ones schedule allows him to do so. I know that Lebanons show is relatively small in the past. Never stops me from attending in hopes this show grows yearly. Anyway, good luck on your search for whatever your looking for!!

For the love that is all holy, don't compare someone too Central Indiana gun show promoter. Which last time was years ago this is first time we have had a show in 3 years.Gladly with Gunslinger who hasn't had a show this far south yet! hoping to be a big show as he predicts!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Technically, most shows are around the three day mark as Lebanon's is February 3,4,5. So this gives an individual a couple days to shop around if ones schedule allows him to do so. I know that Lebanons show is relatively small in the past. Never stops me from attending in hopes this show grows yearly. Anyway, good luck on your search for whatever your looking for!!

Thanks for the Info, didn't know Lebanon was going to be held on Friday, I have to be in Lebanon that day anyway so will probably look around at the show. Haven't made up our mind (son and I) on which show we will attend on Sunday. I do like the Tipton show, even though Lafayette may be slightly larger, I have found/bought several things at Tipton.

tranders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Clinton County
    Looks like I have my weekend planned.:rockwoot: I have always liked the Tipton and Lafayette shows. Haven't been impressed with Kokomo and have not been to the Lebanon show.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    So, I went to both the Tipton and Lebanon shows today. Thought about hitting Lafayette, too, but decided to not make the drive up there. I'm a novice at gun shows, so here's my impressions:

Tipton -- $5 admission. Large signs saying no loaded weapons inside the building, but police officer at door did not seem to aggressively enforcing this. Parking was a little haphazard and I'm pretty sure some emergency exit doors were blocked with parked vehicles (I think this is a facility problem, not a show problem). Two average-size county fairground buildings pretty much full with vendors. Tables pretty close together. Lots of interesting stuff on the tables.

Lebanon -- $6 admission. Guy (I don't think he was LE) just inside the door asking if you were carrying a loaded firearm. I wasn't carrying, but it seemed that he was having people leave their loaded magazines with him. Person taking admission money handed you a ticket to fill out for the drawing, but didn't tell you where to put the ticket (I found the ticket box later). Plenty of organized parking. What struck me when I walked in the main entrance was that the building (average-size county fairground building) was empty. Tables were lined up in a chute directing you to the second building which was a larger county fairground building with 8 rows of tables running the length of the building. Tables were not as close-spaced as the ones at Tipton. There were also several empty tables against the north wall. Seemed to be more commercial vendors here than at Tipton.

I did not not buy anything at either show. At both shows, the few boxes of ammo that I actually considered were about 175% of what you'd pay on-line.

My overall assessment: I'd go back to Tipton because there was more to see and many of the vendors seemed to be just Joe Average gun collector with a few things to sell. I'd go back to Lebanon because it's about a 20-minute drive from home. Many of the vendors at Lebanon seemed to be professional gun and gear dealers. Tipton was a better value in terms of occupied vendor tables divided by admission cost.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    The Tipton show --is run by Pat Comer-----he has ONLY 4 shows a year --all are at Tipton-----The dates he gets are up to the COUNTY FAIR BOARD

l

Top Bottom