• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Sadly I fear most of the libs in HollyWood wouldn't want anything to do with something this realistic that is so deeply rooted in fallout from our current political infrastructure. But damned if I wouldn't schedule it on my DVR if they did!!

Did you ever watch the show Jericho?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

You might notice that Jericho was renewed for only a few episodes only because CBS got so much flak from the fans. (Which included me.)

No, the libs in Hollywierd didn't want anything like Jericho on air. They don't want the people to think - and possibly making connections with what is going on in real life with our government (and friends).

("They" claimed that the ratings weren't high enough to keep Jericho on the air. Yeah, right!) A little too close to reality, Hollywierd?! :dunno:

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Good meeting-took in some ideas like basic fill in the holes stuff, more background on some things - and expand some character information.....

They laughed at three orginal terms I created in the story.....Cross your fingers, you might see something posted in the near future.

My next post should show some "improvement"

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    January 7, 2013 Journal Entry

The convoy has stopped for the night.

We have 25 people with us in the motor home. Thank God the weather has been in the 30's and clear for January. The main roads are drivable and we still have another 100 miles to go to be safe.

We lost two vehicles to fuel and maintenance problems about 125 miles out, and split the load and people between the other working vehicles.

Journal Reminders-when I have time

evacuation
    high levels
    grab / go / panic
    some went east, we went south

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    also you left out patriots, one of the best

This is how Patriots came to be. I used to read it on Usenet in misc.survivalism in the mid-90's or so. It was The Grey Nineties and Triple Ought before it evolved into TEOTWAWKI and finallyPatriots. The readers would critique the story and give suggestions.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Good Luck with the publisher Longbow. This will make a great book and has seemed to go over very well with everyone here. I wish you the best and please keep us all up to date on any new info with the town and with the publisher. Good Luck.

Tyler

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le

Yep.... too bad it was only around for a partial season..... I'm inclined to agree with FlagTag below about why....

You might notice that Jericho was renewed for only a few episodes only because CBS got so much flak from the fans. (Which included me.)

No, the libs in Hollywierd didn't want anything like Jericho on air. They don't want the people to think - and possibly making connections with what is going on in real life with our government (and friends).

("They" claimed that the ratings weren't high enough to keep Jericho on the air. Yeah, right!) A little too close to reality, Hollywierd?! :dunno:

Good meeting-took in some ideas like basic fill in the holes stuff, more background on some things - and expand some character information.....

They laughed at three orginal terms I created in the story.....Cross your fingers, you might see something posted in the near future.

My next post should show some "improvement"

January 7, 2013 Journal Entry

The convoy has stopped for the night.

We have 25 people with us in the motor home. Thank God the weather has been in the 30's and clear for January. The main roads are drivable and we still have another 100 miles to go to be safe.

We lost two vehicles to fuel and maintenance problems about 125 miles out, and split the load and people between the other working vehicles.

Journal Reminders-when I have time

evacuation
    high levels
    grab / go / panic
    some went east, we went south

Wow... now THAT's a teaser!

Previous post was about how valuable everything was that you guys were adding to the "stores" and now a quick tease that you had to EVAC?

:popcorn:

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    :yesway: WOW!! Found this yesterday and haven't read anything else on INGO since, :hooked: all my INGO time has been used to finish this. FOX thought 24 was big if they would actually air this it would be huge, expand each post into an episode and Jack Bower couldn't compare. Thanks so much for sharing this with us I hope to be able to purchase the book someday.:rockwoot:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    come on long bow it's been two days I'm like a junky now I need my fix....what's it like in Nashville what are the stars doing since the collapse? come on fill us in.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    January 13, 2013 Journal Entry

My daughter is star struck. Her favorite singer is running security at the hotel complex. He lost his farm to a mob and the hotel hired him out since singing is not a money maker at the moment.

He walks around with a twin pearl handle .45's and SBR. He calls his security crew, countrywater security.....

Many in our group have shared the story about the loss of the town, the new gas pipeline feed and looking to rebuild. Nashville has been kind to us and want to help us in our moment of need. We have 5 couples who want to return with us in trailers or motorhomes and rebuild and resettle in our part of the world. Who am I to say no.

Since we are the "city" we can offer land to those who move as long as they rebuild. I've told people to put the word out and we need farmers, metal workers, welders and construction workers.

What really hooked them was that we can pay them in hard silver.......That seems to be in shortage at the moment in Nashville. Even the silver and gold belt buckles are in short supply. I'm happy we have kept our secret on how much silver and gold we have.

We were able to talk to the stay behind old farts and the radiation levels are falling slowly. The best news is the wind is blowing from the site of the burning radiation disaster so we know that it is not just a change in the wind direction. Word is the fire at the plant is out and the worst is over. The national guard also said the traffic on the military radios is saying the same.

Next week, we should get enough fuel to be able to return to our "city" when conditions improve. We need to hang out for a week or two before heading back and after we know there is no lingering radiation.

We have being paying our way, for the food and gear we have used, and it is shocking what a liberty coin can purchase.............

and the name of the country star turned security expert is Jason Aldean

Last edited:

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    Longbow, this is great man. I really hope you are able to make some kind of income from this work you are doing. I hope to help you be a part of that. Great job here and please take our hounding as a form of love of your work. We are spoiled by your imagination and hunger for more. Keep up the great work!

M

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    The guy meets one country music star and suddenly he is too good to talk to us "common folk"? Is this the end of the story? :(

Top Bottom