• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    If I have a gun that is literally a piece of trash and just want to throw it away, what needs to be done to dispose of it? Cut the frame/receiver and pitch the pieces into the trash can? It has no value, isn't worth selling, and certainly isn't worth keeping. It's junk.

Has anyone else ever been in this sort of situation?

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Operate out of a finished out building on our property by appointment only..no store front. Park it on our road and put the flashers on that's what I would do. :D

The above does have some fun toys on hand to oggle and fondel. He does great jewel work as well. Its not a busy road so flashers should do it. What he doesnt have he most likly can order.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    don't throw it away. post it on here someone will take it off of your hands. and use parts from it to make something different. of simply just have a conversation piece.. i've got a few but i'd never cut and throw them away?!

that's kinda like having a step child you really don't get along with.. watcha gonna do about it?! :D

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Curious; what gun is it?
    This one.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/138234-revolver_exploded_in_my_face.html

11skn4g.jpg

btgarner0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Southern IN
    I would like to believe that any gun can be salvageable to some degree. Let me know what it is and if you just want to get rid of it

Last edited:

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Any gun? Don't think so. I got stuck with an old 380 Lorcin from a relative who passed away. I'm thinking about digging a hole with my post hole digger and dropping it down there. Right now it just sits in my safe .... mocking me.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I had a Bryco .380 that was junk and unsafe to fire..... factory option.
    Not worth fixing or having anyone get hurt on a turd. I won't sell an unsafe gun.

It had a run in with a vise and a large hammer.... couldn't even tell it was ever a gun when it went in the bin.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Melt it down and turn it into a knife. Use the grips on said knife. If it ain't gonna be any good as a shooter, it may as well become a decent stabber. Right?

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I actually collect "junk guns" I have a small case of them displayed, most are broken and unsafe to fire but I keep them anyway. I have a lot of SNS and "Ring of Fire" guns (Ravens,Lorcins,Jennings etc...)
    If you are seriously just gonna toss it I may take it off your hands for the collection.

Top Bottom