• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Taking a theme from social media, I want to hear funny stories from your past. Good, bad and ugly. Pranks you pulled on coworkers or family, funny first dates, drinking stories etc. Pictures would be a bonus.

I know it's only Monday but I have forgot to start this for the last 3 Thursdays.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I'll start.

While I was in college, a female classmate and I were talking. We had chatted a little all year but I never paid much attention to her and didn't know her name. I asked her out on a date, thinking she'd turn me down. She said yes. Later I was telling a buddy about the date and he asked who she was. I couldn't remember her name. Anyways, I picked her up and we headed to a local putt putt for some golf. Thinking of a way to get her name, I handed her the scorecard and asked her if she'd keep score. After a few holes, I told her I'd keep score, hoping to see what she had written down. It was ME and HIM. Oh well.

We had a good time but I never did learn her name as school was out a week later.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    A high school buddy of mine had decided to break up with his girlfriend. Of course they were in the car cause everything happens in the car in high school. Anyway, after breaking up, she finally was settling down from crying, so he decided to start the car so he could take her home... Well, the radio came on & he started laughing. She looked at him trying to figure out what was so funny. He couldn't stop laughing. Then she listened to what was playing & she started balling again. The song was "ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST"

SchwansManDan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 29, 2015
    Fort Wayne, or close
    Not sure if they still do this anymore, but 25 years ago the local hospital in our small Minnesota town had us come back in a few weeks after our daughter was born to have her checkup performed there. I plopped the kid carrier on the receptionist's desk & told her "I'm bringing this one back for a warranty repair. It leaks!"

My wife wanted to hurt me in the worst possible way.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    GRAVITY WORKS.
    When I was in high school me an a couple buddies took my 89' Plymouth Sundance to a place outside of the town I grew up in called "gravity hill". The idea behind this particular gravity hill, as with most, was that before the crest of the hill you could stop and place the vehicle in nuetral and somehow in some mystical way -defying the laws of nature- the vehicle was sposed to roll "up" the hill.
    Much to our surprise, not only did it not happen that way, but my brakes failed and we went backwards down the hill and crashed through a barbed wire fence. It was a long 2 hour walk back into town... not to mention a rather large wrecker bill for a junior in high school who made cash by washing dishes at the local Sizzler... yep, me.
    I did learn a thing or two about gravity that night!
    -Good times

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    M'lady was getting the plate for her car, and we were sitting at the counter at the BMV. The cashier asked if she'd like the God plate, and she (m'lady) said "I'll get one just to mess with him (me)". The cashier looked at me and asked if I didn't want one of those (perfect straight line) and in my deepest, most Satanic voice (I sound like some kind of monster, appropriately) I replied "ONLY IF YOU CAN GET ME NUMBER SIX SIX SIX". That cashier looked like she needed her heart restarted. The one to the right just about snapped her neck turning to see me, like she expected fire and brimstone next. The one to the left sat straight up like her chair had been electrified, with this come to Jesus look on her face, then looked over. All three probably had to change their underwear.

I might tell of the one I almost did, and wish I had, which would have been a legend to this day. I'll have to think about it.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    GRAVITY WORKS.
    When I was in high school me an a couple buddies took my 89' Plymouth Sundance to a place outside of the town I grew up in called "gravity hill". The idea behind this particular gravity hill, as with most, was that before the crest of the hill you could stop and place the vehicle in nuetral and somehow in some mystical way -defying the laws of nature- the vehicle was sposed to roll "up" the hill.
    Much to our surprise, not only did it not happen that way, but my brakes failed and we went backwards down the hill and crashed through a barbed wire fence. It was a long 2 hour walk back into town... not to mention a rather large wrecker bill for a junior in high school who made cash by washing dishes at the local Sizzler... yep, me.
    I did learn a thing or two about gravity that night!
    -Good times

In Mooresville?

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    I'll start.

While I was in college, a female classmate and I were talking. We had chatted a little all year but I never paid much attention to her and didn't know her name. I asked her out on a date, thinking she'd turn me down. She said yes. Later I was telling a buddy about the date and he asked who she was. I couldn't remember her name. Anyways, I picked her up and we headed to a local putt putt for some golf. Thinking of a way to get her name, I handed her the scorecard and asked her if she'd keep score. After a few holes, I told her I'd keep score, hoping to see what she had written down. It was ME and HIM. Oh well.

We had a good time but I never did learn her name as school was out a week later.

Maybe she didn't know your name either :dunno:

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    When I was in high school we was drinking at a friends house 1 night. One of our other buddies came over later in the night after his date with his girlfriend he'd been with through 3 years of school. Since he showed up late we was giving him a hard time, and one of our buddies started asking if he was on a date with his girlfriend or the girl he was cheating on his girlfriend with. Turns out he somehow pocket dialed his girlfriend and she heard the entire thing and broke up with him over it. He still gets mad when we bring it up.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I was calling on an account in Phoenix, AZ. when this gorgious girl in a short black mini skirt walks up to me sticks her hand out and introduces herself as Christine. She then asks me if I'm with the name of my number one competitors company.

I say "Heck no I'm not with Widgets company, they are the enemy". She then said "I'm with Widgets company". I misunderstood her, she wasn't asking if I worked for widgets, she was letting me know that she did.

I tried to recover once I knew what I had done by telling her that I knew who she was, but was just messin with her.

She would have a pool party every year at her house and wear a French cut bikini. She invited all the buyers and decision makers to the party.

I told my Boss that was an unfair advantage. He told me to shave my legs and wear a mini skirt.

I told him I'm not saying no, but there would have to be a some zeros added to the end of my salary amount.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Back when I was about 18 or so, I decided I'd get a picture of myself made for my mom for Christmas. So I did that but didn't want to just give it to her so I set up a little trick for her . At the time I worked at a welding supplies company, so I got a good sized box and grabbed a couple of cylinder caps from work ( they screw to the tops of gas cylinders so they are safe if they fall over. heavy and metal). I tied them together so that they clanked when the box was moved and put them inside with lots of styrofoam peanuts. On top of the cylinder caps I put a note telling my mom that her real present was already on the fireplace mantle. Well I waited until the end of everyone passing gifts out to give her mine. I rattled the box around as I was giving it to her and made a comment hoping nothing was broken. She opened the box, never seeing the note. Keep in mind here that my mom would do anything to see that the boat doesn't rock.( like trying food that tastes terrible and not make a stink about it She grabbed the cylinder caps , raised them and said in her motherly voice," Son, This is really nice but I don't know what I'd use them for." Everyone laughed except for mom cause she didn't want to hurt my feelings. I had to explain that her real present was in the note. My mom was great!!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Not that I was involved in this, but it did happen.

1979 or 1980. My buddies mother had owned a womens clothing store in our eastern Indiana town. It had gone out of business. Chuck one night takes one of the blonde mannequins from the store and guys are giving her rides around town.

That gets boring after awhile, so one of the guys gets a wild idea....The local Pool Manager was the cousin of one of the guys and they decide to prank him. The mannequin was dressed in regular clothing, arms tied behind her back and a blindfold applied. She was then tied to a cement block and thrown into the deep end of the local city swimming pool.

Someone saw the guys leaving the pool and called the local cops. Soon the entire local PD is there shining their flashlights into the deep end of the pool. The State Police divers were called in and the mannequin was rescued.... The local PD was not happy, but nobody talked and nobody was ever charged.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Early 20's,...late, late night drinking in January or February and happened to get "lucky". Woke up the next morning at her place and realized I was going to be late for work. It was still dark, I was still a little drunk and was fumbling around to get dressed. I was working outside at the time so I had several layers with Carhart bibs over the top. All morning long my underwear felt like it was cutting me in half around the waist and I felt like I was "dangling" free on one side. I couldn't wait until lunch so we could get inside and get warm and I could figure the underwear issue out. When we stopped at a Wendy's I headed straight for the John. I had to get my underwear off. Decided I would just go commando the rest of the day. When I got my clothes shucked off in the Wendy's bathroom I realized I was not wearing "my" underwear. To make matters worse, I had them on with the leg hole around my waist and the waist part around one leg. Explained the "dangling" feeling and the getting cut in half feeling. Cut the drawers off with my pocket knife and was comfortable the rest of the day.

Dirty Steve

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    A high school buddy of mine had decided to break up with his girlfriend. Of course they were in the car cause everything happens in the car in high school. Anyway, after breaking up, she finally was settling down from crying, so he decided to start the car so he could take her home... Well, the radio came on & he started laughing. She looked at him trying to figure out what was so funny. He couldn't stop laughing. Then she listened to what was playing & she started balling again. The song was "ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST"

"Friends with privileges" and no commitment? Score!

Working as a lifeguard at the pool, there was a 14-15 year old kid who was gagging for anything that anyone could dish out. One day he decided to push the TEST button on the GFCI that the video games were plugged in to, costing some little kid his quarter and making him cry. Someone, not sure who as several of us were there at the time, indicated to him that he could be in big trouble for damaging expensive machines that could be several thousand dollars each. Scared the living lights out of him. We all caught hell when he went crying to management about how his parents would kill him for costing them thousands.

The stupid crap teenagers do.....

Top Bottom