• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    I was out yesterday morning with my young son and daughter. We all came home with ticks. While my daughter and I only had about 3 each, my son had more than 20. Most were so tiny and in his groin area. Never had it this bad before. I hope that this is not a sign that the ticks will be bad during bow season

michaelw2608

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Hmm. I haven't had a problem with ticks at all this year. I think I have found a total of three on my clothing this summer. Maybe you just had some bad luck?

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I got into a mess of them in the woods over the weekend to, when I took my boots off there were a bunch of them on my socks (most were dead or acting close to it). I spray my pants and boots with permethrin before I go in the wooded or grassy areas anymore, it seems to work pretty well.

Last edited:

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I got into a mess of them in the woods over the weekend to, when I took my boots off there were a bunch of them on my socks (most were dead or acting close to it). I spray my pants and boots with permethrin before I go in the wooded or grassy areas anymore, it seems to work pretty well.

I would not walk in the woods or fields without the permethrin. I make my own spray out of concentrate Termite Killer.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Hmm. I haven't had a problem with ticks at all this year. I think I have found a total of three on my clothing this summer. Maybe you just had some bad luck?

Count yourself lucky... from all reports I've heard the ticks are horrible this year. My personal account affirms that. I have never seen them so bad before. First one I found on a dog was in February... I was shocked to say the least... this spring was really bad and I still find at least one tick on the dogs when coming back inside from walks...

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I've been working quite a bit in the woods this summer around the house and have luckily not found a single one. Chiggers are another problem though!

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    After my squirrel hunt yesterday I had 4 ticks on me and got ate up with chiggers as well. Theyre awful this year. May be all the rain.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    well I just pulled another two off me last night. WTH.
    My wife told me that she pulled another off my daughter and several off my son yesterday. She is washing all the clothes and bedding, and stuffed animals along with spraying and vaccumed the rooms again. Needless to say she is a little po'ed right now. I need to get some of that permethrin

zepan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I work construction and it has been a part time job for the wife removing ticks this year. Worst I've ever seen.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    There might be cheaper places, (though it isn't expensive at $7) but I buy mine at Tractor Supply - in the horse care section. It is 10% concentrate which I dilute to about 1%. I spray it on everything that goes in the woods with me. It works very well in my opinion.

So where do i buy permethrin?.

codydugger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    avon,in
    There might be cheaper places, (though it isn't expensive at $7) but I buy mine at Tractor Supply - in the horse care section. It is 10% concentrate which I dilute to about 1%. I spray it on everything that goes in the woods with me. It works very well in my opinion.
    does this stuff work for all bugs?

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County

I have done the same thing with Carpenter Ant and Termite killer concentrate. It was 17% so I could make up about 6 gallons of half percent spray . They changed the formula so in the future ill probably do as you do..

A BUNCH cheaper than buying the canned spray .

Top Bottom