• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I guess reality has caught up with me. Last several years as I am dragging a deer I tell myself I need a cart. But the next year, there I am again telling myself I need to get a cart while I'm huffing and puffing one out. This past Saturday I finally admitted that at 64 yrs old the old ticker could lay down on you at any time . So I ordered one.

[video=youtube;KFDyagDovLc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFDyagDovLc[/video]

Anyone have one of these They look real good but real world sometimes has a different view.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Used one of the simple sleds this year....like a snow sled.....OMG....cut the work by 60%...I couldn't believe how much easier it was...should have gotten one years ago...best $20.00 ever spent.

Flinttim

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    The grandson and I took the cart out yesterday AM with us to our stands. No deer sighted but on the way out I looked at the boy and thought "He's about the size of a fat doe........get in " The cart works great. The bean field had been rained on all Friday and the tires did not cut in or gather much mud. I took him over a log and the wheelsets flipped just like they should.I was pulling him up a grade and it was no problem. Pushes as well as it pulls too. I call it a goodun.BTW the tires are pretty much wheelbarrow tires and rims but are foam filled ....no flats.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Those things look like good ideas. Back when I hunted public land and was younger I thought about getting one to load camping gear on and hunt deeper in the forest away from the crowds near the access points.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Buddy and I are looking to make an electric motorized deer cart. May steal some of the design of the battery, motor and gear set up from Rambo Bikes

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I purchased the Cabela's Deluxe Game Cart this summer due to terminal fat and old syndrome. Not only does it make hauling a deer out much easier, it makes getting my gear in almost effortless. No longer do I have climbing stand with a backpack attached to it on my back, everything is on the cart.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Very Important to consider width of cart. Most of what I have seen on this thread looks grime for an open woods or field. The reality however is that deer recovery is tricky and my experience is that most deer go for the thickest deepest cover. You need a narrow cart that you can maneuver in tight quarters and thick brush or you will still be dragging your deer to your fanciful deer cart. My Two Cents...

Top Bottom