• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    From what I was told down south there was a mix of younger guys and middle aged guy and they were for the most part for it but up north they more middle aged to older guys and they were against it... Even booing guys that were for it... So I guess time will tell...

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I've been stunned how many friends and even family members of mine are actually against conventional centerfires finally legalized for deer, all of them believing that Indiana is uniquely ill suited for them because of its terrain and population.
    They all look stunned when I explain to them that the reason that centerfires were ever banned for deer here (at the turn of the twentieth century) was because the state's deer herd had been nearly obliterated due to lack of game management and the attendant unrestrained hunting.
    It had zero to do with safety and everything to do with a badly damaged deer population.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Behold the power of repeating something until everyone thinks it's fact.

Remember that when you watch the news. It's done every day very subtly... listen especially to the adjectives used rather than the action verbs.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I had a guy at work tell me last night , they were only going to allow .243 -- 30/30-- and 45-70 , I'd love to know where these people get their info from when its not a done deal yet.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I had a guy at work tell me last night , they were only going to allow .243 -- 30/30-- and 45-70 , I'd love to know where these people get their info from when its not a done deal yet.

Probably from the same wizards who keep claiming that they're doing away with lifetime LTCH.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Perhaps if someone brought up that there were no more deaths when the bolt action was legal in Indiana, than any other firearm at the time. If it looks like it will not pass, perhaps an approval with a sunset so they can "evaluate" how it will work. Pass it on a short term basis of maybe 3 years, and after all the scare tactic nightmares don't happen, it will slide through with no problem. Pointing out that these calibers are already in use in pistols, and other powerful rounds are currently allowed already with no problems like the 458 Socom and the Indiana equivalent. I'm sure they are already driving home the idea that a rifle from a deer stand will drill into the ground where a shotgun, muzzle loader, or any other round Indiana law prefers will ricochet and be much more dangerous. I notice that those with their minds made up, tend not to want to change them over a silly thing like facts.

Top Bottom