• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I sure hope so too, but I have a bad feeling. I think so this year will give us massive cyber attacks, an economic collapse (at least a devastating blow to cash/fiat currency), an international conflict bordering on full-scale war, and a massive drive to digital ID/currency.
    The Lord will shortly rapture up His Church. At that point, the 7-year Tribulation will begin, and it will literally be hell on earth. Become born again while there is still time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just me, but since Kroger announced their plan to not only charge their unvaccinated employees a $50/month surcharge, plus, do away with their paid time off if sick with Covid-19, I will not spend another Nickle there.
    That's certainly your prerogative. I hate Meijer and Walmart. Kroger and Aldi are my go-to stores. :dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I gave up on most but the absolute worst cases of boycotts. As another poster said in a recent thread there likely is no business that can pass all the purity tests. I can list something I don’t like about most grocery stores in our area to the point I have nowhere to get food…

Similarly, if we put our own convenience ahead of avoiding supporting bad businesses, they will never learn the importance of acting in their customer's best interest.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Similarly, if we put our own convenience ahead of avoiding supporting bad businesses, they will never learn the importance of acting in their customer's best interest.
    I know something about ever major grocery chain in my area that is equal to the Kroger vaccine BS. Unless one is going through every company they do business with, health insurer, life insurer, what about every different gas station, gas company, electric company, it is nothing but selective outrage.

The point is almost all these corporations are the same, you may not know it, but they are. And they couldn’t care less what conservatives like us think. Heck, I bet we would be shocked to learn just how most of the gun manufacturers are pretty much like all the other corporations. Most of them live or lived happily in blue states for decades.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I know something about ever major grocery chain in my area that is equal to the Kroger vaccine BS. Unless one is going through every company they do business with, health insurer, life insurer, what about every different gas station, gas company, electric company, it is nothing but selective outrage.

The point is almost all these corporations are the same, you may not know it, but they are. And they couldn’t care less what conservatives like us think. Heck, I bet we would be shocked to learn just how most of the gun manufacturers are pretty much like all the other corporations. Most of them live or lived happily in blue states for decades.
    Right, same as politicians being all the same. :rolleyes:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I gave up on most but the absolute worst cases of boycotts. As another poster said in a recent thread there likely is no business that can pass all the purity tests. I can list something I don’t like about most grocery stores in our area to the point I have nowhere to get food…
    Absolutely, my "hill to die on" may well not be someone else`s...but it IS mine...

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Right, grow your own food! At least then you could decrease your support for the bad grocery stores.
    I had a good size garden at my other house on 4 acres for 16 years. We had to move out, back to our old house 3 years ago. The first half of it was 75 ft long. 2 rows of squash, 2 white lima, 2 speckled lima, 2 white northern beans, 2 pinto beans, 2 okra, 3 tomato. The second half was 70 ft long, same row count planted in purple hull peas. I find homesteads that I can pick extras on halves or pick your own cheap. We dehydrate, can and freeze everything. In that area of the city I could have 6 hens, so we had our own eggs too. Only buying what we couldn't grow from the stores and farmer markets.
    At this house I have a large flowerbed on the west side of the house where I can plant 16 tomatoes. It doesn't get direct sunlight until about 10:30 to noon and the trees west of it start covering about 3 pm.
    Yes, we are having to buy more from stores now, but we are 69 and 71 years of age. I look for the best deals. Before Thanksgiving Kroger had a sale, Red Gold tomatoes, Green Giant green beans and Swanson chicken and beef broth, buy 10 @ .49. Campbell creamed soups buy 10 @ .75. I bought 20 and 30 of each, Petite diced, Petite diced with chilies, cut green beans, both broths, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom and cream of celery. We use the Petite diced with chilies instead of Rotel.
    walmart made us mad at a Black Friday Thursday night sale years ago. Some items went on sale at 6 pm. The items we wanted went on sale at 8 pm, We got to the store at 5:45 got to the department and asked where the line was for the 8 PM sale items. Those tickets have already been given out. My wife was loud leaving the store. We were stopped by the manager and told our story, didn't help. I don't shop at walmart very much.

Top Bottom