• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So I have a rifle that I may still be trying to sell come the 1500, and I was wondering what has worked for other people who have done similar things?

I have seen a lot of people at several shows with the firearm over their shoulder and a sign stating what they had for sale and a price. Is this an effective way of going about it?

I'm looking for any tips or advice that might help me leave the show with one less gun instead of one more. :P

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've seen people at the show with rifles that interested me, but they didn't look very approachable. Try looking like you want to sell it. Also, have a realistic price. What that is these days I have no idea, but I thin anyone would agree that $7,000 OBO for an AR is too much.

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've seen people at the show with rifles that interested me, but they didn't look very approachable. Try looking like you want to sell it. Also, have a realistic price. What that is these days I have no idea, but I thin anyone would agree that $7,000 OBO for an AR is too much.

I know the types who don't look approachable, I wouldn't think I fit into that group. I'm usually just in shorts/jeans and a T-Shirt or button up shirt. I will keep this in mind though just so I look even more approachable.

Clean the bore so it can actually be inspected. Personal pet peeve of mine. Dirty bore = what are you hiding?

This is a pet peeve of mine as well. The rifle I'm trying to sell hasn't ever been dirty longer than it's taken for me to get home from the range and clean it, so the bore is blindly shiny. :) I'll also be sure to stick my bore light in my pocket in case someone wants to inspect it and doesn't have one.

draftyranger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Shelbyville IN
    Just walk in the door! After my firearms have been checked by the police officers, I usually walk about 10 feet and am usually swamped by people asking me about it. I have sold a few firearms at the 1500 and they are usually sold 5-10 minutes after I walk through the door! If you have the firearm resonably priced, it should sell quickly!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Double sided sign either on a dowel rod in the barrel or clamped to the barrel with a large binder clip. Large font with one or two details and price. The last few times I took an AR or AK, it was sold before I got in the door.

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Just walk in the door! After my firearms have been checked by the police officers, I usually walk about 10 feet and am usually swamped by people asking me about it. I have sold a few firearms at the 1500 and they are usually sold 5-10 minutes after I walk through the door! If you have the firearm resonably priced, it should sell quickly!

Looks like I am going with a dowel rod and double sided sign as well as just it's presence.

I know my price in reasonable, however I'm not selling something as common as an AK, or AR. It's a Swiss K31, sort of an odd ball. :P We'll see how it goes I suppose.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Looks like I am going with a dowel rod and double sided sign as well as just it's presence.

I know my price in reasonable, however I'm not selling something as common as an AK, or AR. It's a Swiss K31, sort of an odd ball. :P We'll see how it goes I suppose.
    A very fine rifle and collectible. I doubt you'll have trouble selling it to people who know what they're looking at.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I bought a Stag 3 right before all the madness. Still Unfired and I do have the hard case. Gonna ask 10K and I will throw in 10 mags and 500 rounds!!!!! Look for me.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    General rule of thumb when selling at ANY gunshow

When selling a gun or most any item, at ANY gun show not just the 1500. One big thing to remember that will take you far. " Your stuff is crap...and everyone else's crap is stuff";)

Top Bottom