• wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    :rolleyes: Yeah, right! You just love it there in "Little Korea". :):

Still better than FayetteNam!

On a lighter note; I did take a new shooter to ECC last Friday. He is really enjoying, learning about firearms and marksmanship. He is planning on going to the Tipton Gun Show on Saturday. He might stop by the ECC booth and get a membership. Thank goodness I was able to save him, from wasting his time, playing golf. :bacondance:

OK! :rockwoot:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    It has to be if you are there!

I wonder why you would think that?
    (Actually, I know why.) :cool:

I was being objective with my answer regardless of my feelings towards a certain promoter. Basically the Tipton show has a lot of "private collectors" selling, and you will have a better choice on older shotguns and rifles. There is not many or any actually FFL dealers there selling newer firearm models, unless there is someone new doing that show since I last did it. Alexandria will have actual FFL dealers that carry the latest and newest firearms. Based on the fact that I know most of the vendors that do both shows, I think Alexandria is the better show. This is not a slam towards any vendors, promoter, or anyone else that is involved with either show.:twocents:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Brad is correct. The alex show has FFL guys selling new handguns and such. A few guys with target 22's (Maybe a CMP reseller) with lots of the heavy barreled mossburgs and kimbers. The tipton show has more of the collector stuff like 2000 dollar pythons in glass cases and the liberator pistols in glass cases for the local OLDER GM guys who snuck them out in a lunchbox in the 1940's.

I perfer these shows to the 1500 for the room you have to graze. The Tipton show has lightened my wallet more over the last years. I go polytech AK mags and a marlin mountie there in the last 2 years.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    It sounds like the Alexandria show may be a better fit for me.

I'm into new stuff, used stuff, good prices, and AR accessories. Thoughts?

lordjackel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    Southern Arkansas
    Just got back from visiting both of them. :rockwoot:

2 completely different experiences.

Tipton - Bigger from a # tables perspective but lots of older weapons primarily. Also, had a lot of military collectables.

Alex - slightly smaller (way too Hot inside the bldg however) tons of new weapons (hand guns mainly), parts, some small amounts of ammo, and the usual extras you see at shows.

Spent 90 mins or so at Alex (and bought stuff), and 30 at Tipton (didn't buy a thing and not really my taste)

My son (8 years old) collects miliatary medals and only one dealer at Alex had them...made my son a great deal for all the ones he had...very happy camper:patriot:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Went today to try and find a kel tech pf9 (hopefully in I'd green). But alas I could not find on. However I did see lots of people pointing their guns around Hap hazzardly(had more guns pointed me than a terrorist at an NRA meeting)

I then drove down to bradis and they didn't have one either

Was a sad day....

Top Bottom