• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    I talked with Pat (manager of the Tipton Show) at the Holt road show---he said the tables have been sold out 2 days after the potus speech
    Set up Friday 5th Show 6th & 7TH

Saturday 9-5

Sunday 9-3

this is a 2 room show with overflow in the dining area

plenty of free parking

Great Food

ATM in the lobby

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    I will be at my normal spot----daughter will be helping me ------getting closer to the bottom of the safe---------sorry,no AKs----no Glocks----------some surplus--some hunting---LOTS OF DIES----some bullet moulds-----lots of gun "stuff"

See ya

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Helped Tallend set up his tables this afternoon. Looks to be an interesting show. Some tacticool stuff, but also a good assortment of wood and steel. Some bulk rimfire about $.10 a round.******:@ya:......<><Duce

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Don't know why, but the last two Tipton show's were scheduled on the same dates as the Lafayette show! I like, and attend every local show but sure hate to "choose" which one to attend. Son, DIL and I will go to one of the shows Sunday, probably to Lafayette since it is closer. Sure wish one of the two shows would change their schedule so I could attend both....

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    This show was the worst I've ever seen. I love the Tipton show and have been attending for years. I've purchased quite a few guns here. But this show was terrible. Poor quality, sky high prices and a lack of selection. Some prices: 2 Marlin 57s in 22 mag, average condition, $750 & $700. Beat to death Browning Trombone was $800. A LNIB Colt Mustang Blued with papers $750. Lot's of low end Mossberg and H&R stuff at crazy prices. Even the guns that were carried in were weak. I drive 90 min to walk this show. It won't take much for me to stop attending if they keep having repeat performances like this. Time for some new dealers.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    After managing a Trap Range for 15 years---------I found one thing that is a FACT of LIFE You can never please everyone...

There was a great crowd all day------several new (to the show) dealers

The dealers that I talked to were having a great show...

The lighting is great---you don't need a flashlight to see the tables

The food is great,and reasonable prices

I will be there tomorrow--------I just MIGHT find that item I was looking for------don't know what it is until I see it---------but it may walk right up and say "buy me"

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    After managing a Trap Range for 15 years---------I found one thing that is a FACT of LIFE You can never please everyone...

There was a great crowd all day------several new (to the show) dealers

The dealers that I talked to were having a great show...

The lighting is great---you don't need a flashlight to see the tables

The food is great,and reasonable prices

I will be there tomorrow--------I just MIGHT find that item I was looking for------don't know what it is until I see it---------but it may walk right up and say "buy me"

Yep, there was a great crowd all day. And I did see some new dealers. Great facility and great lighting. Nothing like the dungeon in Lafayette. I don't eat food at gun shows so I can't comment on that. As for the dealers having a great show, here is a conversation I heard between 2 dealers around 12:00 noon.

Dealer #1: Man, this is a really strong crowd isn't it.
    Dealer #2 response: Yea, but nobody is buying anything.
    Dealer #1: I know, I've only sold 2 items today. Not enough to cover the tables.

When folks aren't carrying around guns or other items they've purchased, its obvious all is not well.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    If people aren't buying anything. Then lower your prices. Dealers carry the same stuff to every show cause you they price it too high.

Jabberwocky

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Muncie
    I left yesterday a couple hundred dollars lighter than I entered with. But to be fair I was pretty focused on what I was looking for and found it. I just recently began attending shows again. Until last year I hadn't been to a show since the mid-late 90's. In general I don't think any of the shows are like they were in the 90's.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    I bought 20 Glocks 10 fully automatic assault rifles and 5 sawed-off shotguns. Going to 'give' them to my cousin Ty in Chicago as a birthday gift. Oops, did I just say that out loud.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I brought two old Winchesters and sold them both. There are always deals to be had, you just have to look.

Tallend, I think I bought an old BALVAR scope off of you on Saturday. I got it cleaned up and put it on. It is sure better than a 4x.

http://i.imgur.com/RrD85gT.jpg

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    A little more of a heads up would have been helpful to me. I have Saturdays off and could easily have made plans.
    I will be on the watch for future shows!!

Thanks.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Thanks to all that attended the Tipton Gun Show--------I was in the North room,for me,it was "A GREAT SHOW"(thanks Big Matt)---my two tables of "gun stuff" paid for the other 4 tables----
    Saturday,a great crowd all day------Sunday,a good crowd----steady until about 2 pm.

I found a nice T/C Contender---with a rare barrel-----It came home with me.

Food was great("skillet" for breakfast,chicken-n-noodles for lunch)-----the coffee looked and tasted like coffee------------(ever tried the "coffee" at the 1500????)

I will have the same tables in April--------see ya there

tallend

Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    I acquired this at Tipton on Saturday for $750. I don`t always find a bargain, but do always enjoy the hunt. 1975 Smith model 57
    20160206_123851_zpsngieby6z.jpg

Top Bottom