• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't know I've always thought that speeding was a fringe benefit of the job. As long as they use their turn signals and come to complete stops at stop signs, I think reasonable speeding is not something to get upset about.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    But when they have now set speed traps, on N Green River here after we tax payers have paid to widen the road. Then those that are setting the speed traps are speeding on that same piece of road I do take some offense.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    In a perfect world cops would be just as subject to penalty for speeding as us lowly non leos are, but, I'm sure a few from right here on INGo will chime in soon to voice their displeasure that anyone would even have the gall to suggest cops be held to the same standards as the rest of us. Some of those guys really don't understand why some people don't trust or respect them.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't know I've always thought that speeding was a fringe benefit of the job. As long as they use their turn signals and come to complete stops at stop signs, I think reasonable speeding is not something to get upset about.
    As long as it applies to all drivers on the road, I have no issue with that. Speed does not kill.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In a perfect world cops would be just as subject to penalty for speeding as us lowly non leos are, but, I'm sure a few from right here on INGo will chime in soon to voice their displeasure that anyone would even have the gall to suggest cops be held to the same standards as the rest of us. Some of those guys really don't understand why some people don't trust or respect them.

O' Rly? Like who?

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    As long as it applies to all drivers on the road, I have no issue with that. Speed does not kill.

That is what I was getting at, I saw a county deputy doing probably 10-15 over yesterday on the same piece of road that they are setting speed traps on. That to me is not cool nor reasonable. If you are going to try and catch people on that piece of road you should not be breaking the law so openly yourself. BTW he was not going to an emergency unless getting coffee at Mcdonalds is an emergency

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That is what I was getting at, I saw a county deputy doing probably 10-15 over yesterday on the same piece of road that they are setting speed traps on. That to me is not cool nor reasonable. If you are going to try and catch people on that piece of road you should not be breaking the law so openly yourself. BTW he was not going to an emergency unless getting coffee at Mcdonalds is an emergency

Playing Devil's Advocate, how would you ever know his reason for speeding, unless you were scanning the department's traffic?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :):

I actually find YOUR posts to be quite reasonable.....(purple) on the surface, anyway. ( purple )
    :D

I'mj ust fair to all parties involved. I back my opinions with fact, and don't care much for..... wait for it......

hyperbole (covers heads)

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Playing Devil's Advocate, how would you ever know his reason for speeding, unless you were scanning the department's traffic?

Because I saw him in the drive through of the Mcdonalds just after the stop light. So your right he may have been getting breakfast.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I seem to remember some LEO around here a little while back claiming he would never, ever cite an officer for traffic offenses. He called it "exercising his discretion."

Who was that?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Because I saw him in the drive through of the Mcdonalds just after the stop light. So your right he may have been getting breakfast.

Just because you saw him in the drive through at McDonalds in no indicative of him speeding to get to McDonalds. As an LEO here will attest, certain runs come out (ie suspicious activity, PD accidents, etc) that warrant a faster, non-emergency, responses. If other cars arrive and determine there is nothing suspicious, or take charge of the accident, then other responding units are disregarded. The disregarded units can then go about what they were doing before hand (for instance going to breakfast). To the public, it looks like an officer speeding on a whim, when in fact, the speed was appropiate.

Top Bottom