• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THEFAT45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2013
    Knox
    I have been considering buying a 1-6 scope for my AR 15, but I don't have 1300 dollars to spend. I was just wondering if anyone has personal experience with Vortex's new offering. I said that I don't have 1300, but 300 dollars sounds like the quality might not be there.

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    I was considering getting one for my carbine, until I saw how long and bulky it actually is. Might be better served with a 2-7X in some flavor. I've decided to go with a C-More Tactical. Just depends on your taste, I'm sure the quality is there and price is very apealing.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Im Alan.

It completly depends on your budget, and purpose for the rifle sir. If your wanting to shoot pretty little groups at long range the answer to your question would be no.

If your wanting to shoot 3 gun style (1yd-400 yds minute of man) the answer could be yes.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I have the strike eagle on my rifle. It is the perfect scope for what I want to do at the range. It's easy to go target to target having fun with multiple steel plates. Using it like a red dot at 1X with both eyes open is a lot of fun and easy to do. It's also easy to shoot good groups at 100 yards. I don't do any long range shooting with it so i can't help you there.

I got one of the first ones Alan got in. It has kept the same "0" since I first set it just sitting on a shelf in my closet in a soft case when not in use.

In My case I wanted something to replace my red dot / magnifier combo because I hated the lack of eye relief. It is perfect for me. I don't find it overly bulky.

As Alan said it depends on what you want to do with it.

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I have a PA 1-6x and really like it. It's less expensive than the strike eagle. Not sure if the strike eagle can do anything better than the PA as I've never looked through one. I bought the PA because the strike eagle wasn't even thought of yet. The PA has the chevron reticle and the illumination is daylight bright. It's a 30mm tube and clarity of glass is excellent for it's price of $269. It's a little heavy though at 17ish ounces. I'm sure the strike eagle is a fine optic though. I like Vortex optics as I have a 6.5-20x Viper and love it

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Got mine yesterday, mounted on my 105." SBR. This thing is HUGE. I'll probably move it to a 16" AR over the weekend and take it out for a spin.

So far, it looks very close to true 1x with both eyes open, and the glass is pretty clear for an 3rd world import.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I. Ought one from Alan. Few months back. Unfortunately I've only had the opportunity to shoot it at an indoor, 25 yard range so far. It seems like a good scope as far as quality and clarity. Big downsides to it are that it is a big scope, looks even bigger in my 8.5" .300 blk! Also, the reticle is a bit busy. At 1x, turn the illumination on and use the semi circle like an EOTech. I'm looking forward to using it on multiple targets at closed and longer range to see how well it can work for me.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I like the 3.5" eye relief a lot.

attachment.php

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    How is it $200 cheaper than the Vortex PST 1-4x24? Better adjustments? Better glass? I have been saving for the PST, should I keep saving or but the strike eagle? So many choices, so little monies.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    after checking out some high dollar 1-4x scopes, the 6x is way better for my eyes and what I do.

77broncoman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    After reading great reviews, I went to the 1500 looking to acquire a Strike Eagle and hopefully buy one from Alan, but I was told he wasn't at the show. Ended up getting one for $300 from Kenzies Optics instead. I bought their last one at 6 p.m. on Friday evening. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet due to questionable outdoor weather since then. So far, impressed with the build quality and clarity.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    How is it $200 cheaper than the Vortex PST 1-4x24? Better adjustments? Better glass? I have been saving for the PST, should I keep saving or but the strike eagle? So many choices, so little monies.

Strike eagle has a larger field of view and more magnification. However PST has better glass and is shorter & lighter.

Verls65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    I have a Strike eagle, LOVE IT! I put it on a Hardened Arms 18" dimpled upper! Perfect minute of coyote❌
    I am impressed so far! 25yds to 225 so far, we will see how it does at ATTERBURY NEXT WEEKEND!! Great fit and finish, great price(sorry Allan, I didn't know about you yet, but looking forward to meeting you) and the warranty is amazing! Lifetime unconditional....most bang for my buck!

Top Bottom