• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If you ever really had the flu over a bad cold you'd get the shot even at 60%. I had the London Flu back when I was a chid and nearly died. Flu is no joke and it isn't what most folks call the flu either. The Spanish Flu killed millions and people seem not to care ut the fu can be a very serious thing.
    Christ, I wish I had not come back in to this thread. Bad flashback right there on the London Flu. I also got the "real flu" once, back in my early 20's while in great shape and it put me down for 7-8 days.

The funny thing is a friend of mine, who never gets the flu shot and is a former health care professional, got hers this year.

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    We got ours because it gave us a discount on health insurance. I haven't had the real flu in about 20 years, if I remember right it was about 6 or 7 days to get back to healthy.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    30 years no visit to the dentist and in 30 years no cavities go figure.
    The best thing is no dental records for me.

Right on, my brother! I haven't brushed my teeth in forty years. Why brush them? They are designed to be self-cleaning. It's all that harsh over-cleaning of your teeth that damages the surface and cause cavities in the first place. I have a protective dark yellow film over my teeth as nature intended. Once my wife forced me to go to the dentist, even though I wasn't having problems. You know women. So illogical. As soon as I opened my mouth, the dentist ran out the room, covering his face and coughing hard. I'm guessing he was weeping because he saw a man who knew the truth about dentistry. I just hope he got that cough taken care off. It looked like he couldn't get any air for half an hour after, curled up and choking in the hallway.

To recap: don't brush your teeth, boys and girls, if you want what's good for them!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was just going to ask what you decided.

Thanks for asking.
    I can still go either way, but the positives outweigh the negatives for my circumstances at this time. I have a lot more at risk than in past years. Hopefully those circumstances change in the next couple years.

The reminders above about nausea and "hair hurting" were a pretty fair kick in the tail. :):

tc556guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Upstate NY
    I get a shot every year. Never did as a kid. Not sure if they even HAD flu shots back then.
    Once I was in the military and the ex-wife always got one every year, I started doing the same.
    Not sure if they help much, but I can't see where they'd hurt
    It's a kind of preventative care, same as going to your dentist twice a year whether you have tooth pain or not

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Not for me or my kids. I had them before and they made me sick as hell. Take care of yourself. Eat sleep and take a vitamin.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just about every time I've had a flu shot (yearly as a kid), I've gotten sick as a dog afterwards. Haven't had a flu shot for years, and rarely get that sick. I even managed to be gifted with H1N1 when that was all the rage to share--was even sick enough to miss a day of work. Otherwise, I felt marginally nastier than I used to after getting a flu shot.

For me at least, it's a pretty simple decision not to get one.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Just about every time I've had a flu shot (yearly as a kid), I've gotten sick as a dog afterwards. Haven't had a flu shot for years, and rarely get that sick. I even managed to be gifted with H1N1 when that was all the rage to share--was even sick enough to miss a day of work. Otherwise, I felt marginally nastier than I used to after getting a flu shot.

For me at least, it's a pretty simple decision not to get one.

Did you actually test positive and have a confirmed case of H1N1?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Did you actually test positive and have a confirmed case of H1N1?

Of course he did! And it was that damn flu shot that gave it to him!!!

That reminds me need to go get a booster for my MRSA and Bubonic Plague vaccine... Fortunately my 800mg ibuprofen regimen is keeping my HPV flare-ups under control! Thank God for webMD!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Of course he did! And it was that damn flu shot that gave it to him!!!

That reminds me need to go get a booster for my MRSA and Bubonic Plague vaccine... Fortunately my 800mg ibuprofen regimen is keeping my HPV flare-ups under control! Thank God for webMD!

I retire.

Top Bottom