To MOD or Not to MOD that is the question????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    OK I have to admit to having some Adult ADD especially when it comes to my gun collection and modifying. I have several unfinished ideas in the works. And to add to my list. Im toying with the idea of adding wood furniture to my Mint Mak-90 with a strait cut receiver. I could Add new wood with evil pistol grip...lol No one get scared now. lol And simply store it with a USA made mag for compliance. Easy. Question is should i do it? or should i just leave it in its box until it turns 20 lol I know thats a big birthday for most things lol. Collectible value would hold either way since im not altering anything permanently? right?

This is not a need by no means i have several AKs to play with. One ive had since the ban lifted in 04 lol its eats ammo like a Russian beat farmer.
    I just really want that legend type 56 look since this actually has the strait cut receiver.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Do it. Wood is good. Give it the look that Uncle Kalashnikov would've intended for it to have.

Someone will chime in, so I'll say it now; be sure to adhere to 922r blah, blah, blah, BATFE, blah, blah, arm chair operator know it all, blah, blah, blah...

Last edited:

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Guns as an investment are, at best, a break even plan. Shoot them as much as possible, learn their idiosyncrasies, and modify as required/desired. After you're done having fun with it, then consider selling to fuel your next project.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Guns as an investment are, at best, a break even plan. Shoot them as much as possible, learn their idiosyncrasies, and modify as required/desired. After you're done having fun with it, then consider selling to fuel your next project.

This is what I have to come realize over the years, have fun with it, be thankful if you get your money back, and move it on down the line. It's not who dies with the most toys wins, it's who got to play with the most toys wins.

Top Bottom