• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I found these Concealed carry vests at Sally's Cop Shop and ordered three for me and my brother, for around $30 shipped (ground) you cannot beat that!

Plenty of pockets and hidden reversible CC holster,

Federal Officers your Department patch or badge added for free.

SCS TACTICAL VEST WITH HIDDEN HOLSTER

OK boys and girls..........I ordered mine, so go get em , and thank me later!

:ingo::draw::patriot::welcome:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    That is a nice vest, but not really my style. Funny story: I was driving to Florida several years ago and stopped at the rest area on I-65 in Alabama that has the rocket in the yard. I saw a guy coming out of the building wearing one of those vests so I stopped him and asked him which police department he worked for. He had a blank look on his face until I told him I was a cop. When he asked me how I knew, I told him the vest just screams cop and anyone in the know can spot one a mile away.

Bsj425

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    I found these Concealed carry vests at Sally's Cop Shop and ordered three for me and my brother, for around $30 shipped (ground) you cannot beat that!

Plenty of pockets and hidden reversible CC holster,

Federal Officers your Department patch or badge added for free.

SCS TACTICAL VEST WITH HIDDEN HOLSTER

OK boys and girls..........I ordered mine, so go get em , and thank me later!

:ingo::draw::patriot::welcome:

Do you want to become a target? Because that's how you become a target. That thing just screams I am carrying please shoot me first. I didn't think people actually still bought these things. They are on par with a CCW badge on a necklace.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Do you want to become a target? Because that's how you become a target. That thing just screams I am carrying please shoot me first. I didn't think people actually still bought these things. They are on par with a CCW badge on a necklace.

I'm sure he is aware of the potential consequences for wearing one. You could be a little more pleasant about getting your point across.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    A target of what? Off duty cops aren't appealing to the political whack jobs and the IQ of the average stop-n-robber doesn't generally extend to CCW fashion. The "target" aspect of these vests is nothing in comparison to wearing a uniform or driving a squad car.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ha I was letting those who want a vest to be able to get one I realize it SCREAMS "this persons carrying".... No kidding!?!
    For those who buy and wear a tactical vest who cares what others think.

Badges!?! We don't need no stinking Badges!

And yes this is not an outfit for discreat carry.

But a nice vest at a great cost passed on.

Hang a couple cameras on your neck or carry a fly fishing rod and nobody is the wiser.

Six fellow officers I work with,my brother, and one friend from Marion County bought vests today, I bought two.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That looks like what the OSI (Air Force Office of Special Investigation) agents wore vests like that when I was in Qatar back in the day. We knew they were OSI, everyone else was in desert camo. To include the civilians who worked for the OSI!

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Doesn't one of the shooting sports require a cover garment for some stages? Looks like a good item for that as well and would be a great marketing tool with patches and such.

I've had to wear one on occasion for dignitary protection details and yes, I do stand out.

Strap a a camera around your neck with a small bag and "blend in".

I wear a fleece vest all the time when the weather permits rather than a shooter's vest. Nobody thinks twice about one of those.

OP, thank you for the link and passing on a deal to us.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Got a call from Sally's this morning and I had ordered a black medium one for my brother and two a black and khaki X like for me, but she said my xxl black was sold out but blue was available . Nah, I guess I get khaki. I hope my brothers order made it through.
    Again I was just sending out a HEADS UP on a good deal for Mil/LE, personal protection, bodyguards/bounty hunters whatever. These folks carry and don't care who knows about it. Range use, hiking, whatever for whomever, I will still be armed wearing mine and the CCW holster will have my BUG in it.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

Well I have a vest that is VERY similar and it has nothing to do with carrying so am I target too? Or should I just put my CCW badge on a chain around my neck? Purp where needed!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

That's amusing. The only people who view vests that way are people who carry guns.

Most people see vests like that as fishing or photographer's vests.

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    Though it was put forth a bit bluntly, there is a point to consider about clothing that does give a certain impression to both law enforcement and the ne'erdowell types. As an older law enforcement officer, I can spot a young off duty officer a mile away. I can also spot the individuals who are most likely carrying a concealed weapon of some type. Now, the non-law enforcement people who fit the mold are normally law abiding citizens and make for a much safer environment as well as the off-duty officers. However, if I can spot them, the ne'erdowells can too. 5.11 pants, tactical type bracelets, vests, fanny packs (yes, a few are keeping them alive), fake cellphone cases while the cellphone is in the back pocket, tactical knives, gun manufacturer T-shirts, tact-boots, and hats, etc all give it away to some extent. I own everything listed, with the exception of the fanny pack and when I wear them, I know I am potentially tipping my hand a bit. How much, hard to say and largely dependent on the crowd I am in. Sometimes giving off the impression that you are possibly armed might very well be a good thing in a tight situation. However, these things are not necessarily quantifiable so we each must evaluate them pluses and minuses for ourselves.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well I have a vest that is VERY similar and it has nothing to do with carrying so am I target too? Or should I just put my CCW badge on a chain around my neck? Purp where needed!
    I was disappointed a CCW emblem wasn't one of the available options. :):

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I guess you didn't see that part of the ordering sheet that clearly stated an emblem was included at no charge onto the vest.
    When ordering you got to choose from Border Patrol to US Marshalls Service. If you don't qualify you can ask for No Logo.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Though it was put forth a bit bluntly, there is a point to consider about clothing that does give a certain impression to both law enforcement and the ne'erdowell types. As an older law enforcement officer, I can spot a young off duty officer a mile away. I can also spot the individuals who are most likely carrying a concealed weapon of some type. Now, the non-law enforcement people who fit the mold are normally law abiding citizens and make for a much safer environment as well as the off-duty officers. However, if I can spot them, the ne'erdowells can too. 5.11 pants, tactical type bracelets, vests, fanny packs (yes, a few are keeping them alive), fake cellphone cases while the cellphone is in the back pocket, tactical knives, gun manufacturer T-shirts, tact-boots, and hats, etc all give it away to some extent. I own everything listed, with the exception of the fanny pack and when I wear them, I know I am potentially tipping my hand a bit. How much, hard to say and largely dependent on the crowd I am in. Sometimes giving off the impression that you are possibly armed might very well be a good thing in a tight situation. However, these things are not necessarily quantifiable so we each must evaluate them pluses and minuses for ourselves.

Sure, some of things can be "tells," especially in combination. However, I submit to you that when you spot a cop, I believe it's much more about they way he carries himself and the way he is groomed. "You look like a cop" is a stereotype that exists for a reason and it's more common among the younger guys. It's not about the way they dress, but that can certainly add to it.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Sure, some of things can be "tells," especially in combination. However, I submit to you that when you spot a cop, I believe it's much more about they way he carries himself and the way he is groomed. "You look like a cop" is a stereotype that exists for a reason and it's more common among the younger guys. It's not about the way they dress, but that can certainly add to it.

Yeah my wife says I have "cop hair"!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was disappointed a CCW emblem wasn't one of the available options. :):

I'm sure a morale patch would get the point across:

bearded_skull_with_guns_mc__60598.1444676842.380.500.JPG

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I believe it's much more about they way he carries himself and the way he is groomed.

It's a combination of both. Cop knife, the hair, the teeth (a big tell), the big watch, clean blue jeans, the white undershirt under the shirt, the lack of indolent stench which is caused by pot, cheetoes and mountain dew.

I like how they think being "undercover" means like shaving for a few days.:D It works though, I get to see the tapes.:D

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Too funny, they are about SOLD OUT anyway so I guess many a professional bought them and that was my reason for the post. I don't work for Sally but when I visit the Federal Law Enforcement Center (FLETC), is stop by cause it's right across the street in Glynco GA.
    Lady who called me back to to say 2XL in black was sold out mentioned it was 80 degrees outside. I like to schedule my assignments there around Jan-Mar and have left and come back to Indy to scrape ice of the car in the Airport lot.
    So one last time if you were looking to add a vest that I agree clearly says the wearer is probably carrying and maybe has even pulled that tab on the back that says PO PO before putting the bracelets on you so be it. Get one at a great price.
    The CC holster in the vest is for your BUG.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom