• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Over the course of a few years I have acculturated a few boxes here and there as a result of not paying attention to purchases from Walmart. Additionally I have left the 380 platform behind. Kind of pointless for me to keep a lower capacity 380 since I picked up P365.

So long story short I have some 40, 32 auto and a boat load of 380.

Sell or hang onto?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You might run into a friend that's new to shooting and can't find ammo.
    Or go shooting with a friend and want to try his gun.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    What are the current prices of .380? I havent purchased it in a while. Id hang onto it, that round likes to disappear every once and a while and people will give you a kidney for it.

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    I bought my daughter a Bodyguard .380 after she got her own apartment, she has been a shooter since she was 7yrs old so I let her choose the pistol and caliber. I had no clue that .380 is non existent. If you will never (or won't anytime soon) get another .380 I would sell it or at least trade it for a caliber that you have or plan on getting so you have ammo that is usable to you. Just my 2 cents.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    What are the current prices of .380? I havent purchased it in a while. Id hang onto it, that round likes to disappear every once and a while and people will give you a kidney for it.
    I am not sure of current pricing? The ones I have are marked $16.99 a box.

I was thinking if I did sell it maybe $20.00 a box I don‘t want to gouge anyone. But then again who knows there might be a 380 out there that catches my eye at some point.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    You know how many times I just stashed ammo when I no longer shoot the same caliber gun, and years down the road, go “oh sweet” because I have that caliber again?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'd hang on to it unless the funds need help. I always have space for .32. I have a WWII Walther that is super fun to shoot.

I have 8mm Lebel in ammo cans with the same quandary. Here I sit.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If I had a LOT of 380 I would probably sell some.. Everyone has their "take" on gouging but realistically it's a commodity just like Silver or Gold at the moment. FYI just checking on GB it's going for at least$1 a round in case lots.
    On second thought I may sell a few boxes of what I have. :pimp:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I would sell it now.
    +1. This is the time to sell firearm related stuff. You can make money most likely. At the very least you should be able to break even.

I sell stuff here occasionally that causes my message box to blow up with offers because I list a reasonable price when online retailers are selling at "opportunistic" prices, lol.

There have not been many times that I have successfully timed the market, just look at my stock portfolio but I timed it well when I sold my garage gym during Covid and a few items I wanted to move here.

If you get another .380 down the road, you can buy ammo then.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Stopped in at my local Pawn/ Gun store today I may let some go as apparently it’s like a unicorn around here. Still would feel funny about selling it for more than what I paid for it. I am thinking $20.00 a box of 50 again I don’t want to gouge anyone.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Stopped in at my local Pawn/ Gun store today I may let some go as apparently it’s like a unicorn around here. Still would feel funny about selling it for more than what I paid for it. I am thinking $20.00 a box of 50 again I don’t want to gouge anyone.
    Just my opinion, but market pricing is not "gouging" anyone. Supply and demand drive prices. You are not coercing people into purchasing from you. You are merely offering a product at a price. They can take it or leave it. If you want to help someone, preferably someone you know, then my all means give them the "brother-in-law" price. But beware, if you just post it for sale at a much lower price than the current market, the buyer will most likely turn around sell it for a tidy profit.

Why not take that profit yourself?

Top Bottom