• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    I had a great time shooting at Atterbury today. I "tried" to sight in the Mosin Nagant at 100 yds, but the front sight is loose. Oh well, I got a couple on the paper. I've also been working on some loads for my .40 Witness, so I shot 50 each of two different loads with 140gr Missouri Cast Bullets, then another 50 WWB for kicks.

6gr. Unique and 140 gr LTCFP 5 10 shot groups

For kicks, 3 10 shot groups WWB, and 1 20 shot group(center)
    Here is a link to my pics.
    INGunOwners - oldbikelvr's Album: 7 yds at Atterbury

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There's a lot to like about the current way Atterbury is run. It has made shooting down there fun. There's also the bit of atmosphere added by the distant rattle of machine gun fire from the military side of Atterbury.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I don't live too far from Atterbury, but I've never been to the shooting range. Does it take anything special to shoot there? Would I need to check in somewhere before I shot?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They have a range house where you check in and get a copy of the rules. I used to shoot there occasionally as a kid, but I remember it as mass chaos when it was busy. Now, I would call it a top notch facility.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I nearly lost a foot to a 12 ga slug in 2001 at Atterbury. I don't miss the wild west days anymore and appreciate how the range is run. I don't mind paying.

Never fails to amaze me when someone shows up with an AR and challenges the range officer with "the action doesn't lock back" . Or the guy with the AK who thinks his action SHOULD lock back and spends five minutes trying to get it to cooperate.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I nearly lost a foot to a 12 ga slug in 2001 at Atterbury. I don't miss the wild west days anymore and appreciate how the range is run. I don't mind paying.

Agreed, I've started going again recently and its a huge improvement over when I was going over 10 years ago.

Top Bottom