• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I am actually not looking to spend a lot of money. If I can keep it under $11,000 I can pay cash, and I really don't want a payment. I had a line on an F150 that was $7995 and it had 50,000 miles. It was an '02, but was in great shape. They sold it last night.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I bought my 2012 Hemi Ram 4x4 Crew Cab with 30 miles on it for $26,700 out the door, but that was in August 2013 so they were more than ready to see it leave the lot. I couldn't bring myself to pay the standard prices they charge for a new truck. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time for the deal I got on mine, I was actually out looking for a used F150.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Yeah, testify brother. I'm driving a 1997 f-150 that I've replaced most of everything on. My wife's car is an 07 fusion that needs work but for the life of of me I'm not seeing 50k or more for a truck that is worthless in seven years.
    Yeah, that's why everyone in this thread is complaining about not having to spend a fortune on a used vehicle.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I lucked into a 2003 Ford Ex, um... Exclamation or whatever is (on the F150 chassis) last year, had 235000 or so on it, but it was all of $4000. It's a little demented now, and sitting out there waiting for its new alternator, but it's great for hauling stuff around town.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I, admittedly, paid too much for my truck but I do plan on driving it for at least the next decade - preferably the next 2 to 3 decades if possible.

I do miss the simplicity of older trucks with big engines and carburetion... They'll run forever if properly maintained.

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    There are good deals if you are willing to spend the time. I downsized from a Chevy Silverado Z71 to a single cab truck two years ago. I bought the Chevy used with 42K miles on it and put another 200K trouble free miles on it. Kids are grown and I'm the only one in it 90% of the time. I looked on autotrader and all the web pages 3 times a day for 6 months. When you find a deal, you have to jump on it. I ended up with a mint condition 2004 F150 4x4 with 22,000 miles on it, fresh off the farm from and estate sale for $12K. It has been a great truck. Found a few other similar deals, but was not fast enough on the trigger.

Dirty Steve

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have a 95 F150, that I'm looking to sell/actually have sold (I think). I just have too damn many vehicles in my driveway. Got a great deal on a well maintained Ford Escape last January, and love driving that thing. I have a trailer if I need to haul anything......but yeah, when I started looking at new to me vehicles late last year, I was absolutely shocked at the going rate for anything that will actually start.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have started seriously looking at SUV's. Still allows me to haul some stuff, plus the prices seem more reasonable than most trucks. Still would like a truck though.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My F150 is just a standard cab, and although I had a topper on it years ago, I always wanted more interior storage space. I had owned numerous trucks before buying the F150 new in 95, so when I bought the Escape, it was a big change for me, and I love it! That thing handles great in snow, and although it doesn't have a huge cargo capacity, it works for 95% of my needs.

Top Bottom