• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Overall, this is a wonderful holster. Probably the most comfortable holster available. I chose this holster because in the videos I had seen, it covered the entire slide. The version I got did not cover the entire slide. It is still very comfortable and without the silly crosses on the clips. I got the horsehide version. It hides perfectly and does not show unless I intend it to.
    Tommy theis hybrid holster with kydex clips, concealing a Glock19:
    6301c8d5.jpg

Overall, it fits well, was done in two weeks, conceals well and is comfortable.

5/5

Last edited:

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I'd like to add to this review.

I ordered a holster from Theis recently. The turn-around time was less than two weeks. I've had this holster for 20 days now and it is almost broken in. It still squeaks a little at this point.

Features? It is adjustable for height and cant. I got mine with kydex clips, rather than the metal ones. More on the kydex clips later. It is also a "tuckable" holster.

The good? It conceals my P95 extremely well. My wife doesn't even know I'm carrying, even when I'm wearing just a light t-shirt, doesn't even to be an oversized t-shirt. It is also tuckable and doesn't look bad or look like I'm carrying when a shirt is tucked in. The horsehide lives up to its reputation for being resistant to absorbing moisture, such as sweat. It also has a positive retention feel when holstering my pistol, having an audible "click" when it seats fully. No worries there about it falling out when running or jumping.

I don't have a decent belt for carrying a gun, just a temporary new belt until I have the extra funds, and it rides very well. Even with my near brick of a gun.

The bad? Not much really. The kydex clips have really scratched the daylights out of my belt from moving it around to find where it rides comfortably and conceals well. A friend that pointed me towards a holster from Theis has the kydex clips and said they haven't scratched his belt, which is a purpose made gun belt. So I'll chalk that up to the finish on my belt not being all that tough since it is an off the rack belt from the local Meijer mega-store. I also had to take a file and file down a little bit of kydex that was, for me, uncomfortably close to the magazine release.

If I can get the time and assistance from one of my kids I'll put up a picture or two of my holster.

normal_holster3.JPG

normal_holster1.JPG

normal_holster2.JPG

Pictures aren't the best but I don't want to cause problems with image sizing.

Last edited:

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I'll chime in as well. I had a Theis holster a couple years ago and it was great. Back when I'd ordered it companies like Crossbreed and Kholster had turnaround times in the months-long area, and Tom got mine to me in around 8 days. Really good guy, I gave him a call to thank him for his urgency and we **** chatted for a half hour or so. +1 to these holsters if you're in the market for one this style.

Last edited:

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I had a Theis IWB and a White Hat holster, both in horse hide, and while the Theis was OK, the WH had thicker leather and was finished much nicer. Smooth edges and such, no squeeking. I've been wearing it 3 or 4 days a week now for over a year and it's like a second skin. The only reason I don't wear it every day is because I work in ILL in noise.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom