• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghosst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2015
    Lapel
    My wife and I took advantage of the weather today and took our friends to ECC this morning. This was their first time shooting so I started them off small with my .380

We spent a good 3.5 hours shooting, firing
    Pistols
    9mm

And my 2 rifles
    22LR

Overall it was a good day, and by the time we finished both husband and wife were hitting bulls with the M&P 15-22 @ 25 yards and he shot dead center with the AR15 @ 100 yards

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Nice! I love it when I can give someone a chance to shoot a firearm for the first time. I took some friends to the range and one of them had never shot a rifle before. I gave him some brief instructions and then let him shoot my AK47. His grouping was better than mine so I just congratulated him and said "well done"!

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Thank you sir for bringing more people into our sport and most likely people who will also be better supporters of the 2nd amendment.

This is the very best way possible to protect our rights and increase our sport.

GIT 'ER DUN!!!!!

Bigdog357

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    Indiana
    Its always good to expose someone to our sport, a couple years ago I took a two young guys that were down from Montreal Canada on business to the range and let them shoot my AR, AK, and assorted other weapons. Being from Canada where guns are fairly restricted these guys had never shot before and they had a blast.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    If every shooter brought just one new shooter/gun owner to the sport every year, we would be so much better of politically and shooting and gun ownership would viewed in a better light by the general public.

In in the last year I've taken my oldest son (stepson) from being a non gun owner to a regular clay target shooter and a LTCH holder with a small collection of personal defense and target handguns.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Dekeshooter, I totally agree. As an avid hunter, archer, and gun owner I am constantly trying to get others involved in the sports I love so much. When teaching hunter education to kids and even adults, I try to also promote shooting sports and not just the hunting aspect. My oldest stepson is waiting on his carry permit to arrive. I love watching new people light up after shooting guns or bows.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Good on you for taking new people out! I don't know about yours, but my little 380 absolutely sucks to shoot! Get them started with a 22!

I did exactly that over the weekend and everyone had a blast. They kept going back to the 22 to shoot it more, i kept steering them towards things i reload for!

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Its always good to expose someone to our sport, a couple years ago I took a two young guys that were down from Montreal Canada on business to the range and let them shoot my AR, AK, and assorted other weapons. Being from Canada where guns are fairly restricted these guys had never shot before and they had a blast.

Couple years ago arrived at weekly pistol league and a a few guys were already on the range. Turns out a local fellow had 2 visitors from Ireland with him and was teaching them to shoot. Was using a. 22 at first and then offered up a 1911 next. I will never forget the look on the first shooter's face after firing his first .45 round. His eyes were the size of saucers and after a second, the smile on his face was definetly ear to ear. Both participated in shooting plate racks that evening and had a fantastic time...couldn't get enough. They were VERY envious of our "freedoms & rights."

ghosst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2015
    Lapel
    Good on you for taking new people out! I don't know about yours, but my little 380 absolutely sucks to shoot! Get them started with a 22!

I did exactly that over the weekend and everyone had a blast. They kept going back to the 22 to shoot it more, i kept steering them towards things i reload for!

I personally love my BT380, but my wife hates it. My friends were indifferent to it, and obviously both preferred my M&P 15-22 over the rest. Although Jim really did enjoy shooting my M400 @ 100 yards.

i don't own a .22 pistol, so the .380 was the smallest sidearm I had.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I helped teach the NSSF's "First - Shots" program at our local indoor range for about 3 years running.
    I taught ages ranging from 7 year old kids all the way up to my 73 year old mother.
    It is really a blast teaching new shooters. I think I had as much fun as they did.

The range quit those classes last year and I really miss it.
    I do take friends (new shooters) out to my brothers private range whenever I get a chance.

Top Bottom