• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Got my first and second GLOCK. I was looking at a gen3 G23 with the rough texture finish and a gen4 G22 with night sights. I could not decide what one I wanted so I got them both.:rockwoot: Now just need a 27 to finish out the set.
    Time to decide what kind of holster to get. Would like to get one that will fit both. Thinking outside the waistband at around 4:00. Any suggestions are appreciated.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Don't forget the G35! Welcome to The Dark Side! My Glocks play nice with my other guns despite all the rumors. I'm working towards my 5th (or is it 6th) Glock as we speak

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Wow, I completely missed the holster question! I was too excited about your new weapon and stopped reading!

Before you lay down some big coin on a holster, look at Glock's Sport/Combat holster. It is a very basic OWB holster that costs less than $15.00; I paid less than $10 for mine. It rides high and tight to the body and I carry my G21 in it on a regular basis plus I use it in IDPA matches, too. It's had countless draws and holsterings plus lots of use in everyday carry with setting, standing and even the occasional mall shopping without incident. There are 2 sizes to the S/C; one is for the standard 17,19,22,23 etc size Glocks and the other is for the 20,21 and GAP models. I have the larger model for my 21 and the standard sized Glocks work in there perfectly. There is more than enough rentention to hold even my Glock 19 in the same holster as my Glock 21. Don't be put off by the inexpensive price; I've shelved my Serpa and Blade-Tech over this holster; I only wish they made an IWB version. Give it a shot, I really don't make recommendations lightly but this is one I would make easily.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Ha ha...you sound like me....'Honey, I just bought TWO guns!'

Get the 27...it's a great little back up and will take mags from either of your 'other 2' Glocks!

Holster...check out Bianchi's Model 7 Ranger 3-Slot holster for the 23 or 27....they're tight! The Galco holsters are great too!

gharris18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Comp tac makes great kydex holsters. if your wanting something cheap but effective there is nothing wrong with a fobus holster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I'm so close to drinking the glock kool aid it's not even funny.

i'm torn between a glock 19 and a fnx-9

I like the FN because It's sweet, can be carried cocked and locked, it's sweet, it'll match my fnp45 and it's pretty sweet and you don't see to many of them It's like an affoardable HK/Sig

I like the glock because it's a reliable peice and has a plethora of aftermarket stuff

i dislike the FN because FN has failed to grab the attention of the aftermarket.

I dislike the glock because it's a fan boi thing and everyone and their mother has one

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm so close to drinking the glock kool aid it's not even funny.

I dislike the glock because it's a fan boi thing and everyone and their mother has one

This is true. Sadly there are those fan boys from every manufacturer that ruin it for others out there. The Glock ones kept me from trying a fantastic piece of firearm technology but after I finally gave it an honest chance and just looked at the gun, I was sold. I'm working towards my 6th Glock when 2 years ago I had none.

Top Bottom