• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Not even sure how to start this with out being innapropriate. Will try to be "Politically Correct"

I went to local Walmart for Black Friday.....mistake. I was calmly standing in line for a bunch of TV's they were getting ready for 8:00 sale. Everyone was talking fine when all the sudden three "Men", pushed there way in front of everyone, myself included. being very rude, and not speaking any English. You could tell by their actions that they were going to grab what they wanted without regard to anyone else. (And they did). About the time I was getting ready to say something...The guy on my side shoved his way in front of me, and he pushed backwards trying to get me to back up. When I didn't, couldn't, he elbowed me in the side hitting my 1911 which was concealed. He shot me a look I said" Happy Thanksgiving, count your blessing!!!

He then backed away to the other side where his buddy's were. Next thing I know I am getting checked out by all three of them.
    I watched them close but was not too worried, because I think he about crapped, but my buddy showed up a couple minutes later and noticed right off that they were watching me, and yammering about me. He carries also, and he asked what was up. I told him and he hung around for a bit.
    They left without incident, but I was kind of put off by their actions, but at the same time I knew that he knew without a doubt that I was carrying because his buddy was checking me out pretty good. I was pretty pissed at how they acted, but alot of things went kind of unspoken there for a few minutes. I am thankful it was not anything worse, but it makes you think.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    After all that, I hope you at least got the TV you wanted.

Even if the three didn't speak English there are some universal hand signs that everyone seems to understand. :)

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    This is true!!!

I do not think much of anything needed said when he hit that 1911.....pretty sure he got it.

I did get said TV:):

I actually meant to put this in the carry thread....messed up. If someone can move it that is cool.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Did you allow them to go ahead of you checking their TV out? That way it'll help you keep them in front of you instead them being on your side or back. Props to you for keeping it cool. I would have gone to other register if they refused my offer to be ahead of me.

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Did you allow them to go ahead of you checking their TV out? That way it'll help you keep them in front of you instead them being on your side or back. Props to you for keeping it cool. I would have gone to other register if they refused my offer to be ahead of me.

Yes. I stayed right where I was at, and my buddy hung out for about an hour until we made sure that they left the building. They were very aware that they were being watched as well. Alot of people saw it, but he was the only one who knew that I was carrying. I kept them in front at all times. I think the hammer did a number on his elbow though. Saw him rub it a couple times.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Glad you got what you wanted. "count your blessings" was a pretty level headed statement to make without revealing anything that could potentially escalate the situation.

I've been black friday shopping three times and every time something dumb happens as a result of a few dumb people acting, well, dumb. I can't justify putting myself in those situations anymore. I'd rather stay out of the mess. That's just me. :twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    +1 to you for keeping your head.
    I have a very different way of dealing with a$$ hats such as those idiots. Push back and wake up on the ground.
    This is why I do not attend such functions.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Ive never been a big fan of the frenzy shopping myself, but to each there own. After the last few years of incident filled black Friday shopping in this country, I have elected just stay home all together. If it gets much worse, I think gas cards and bubble gum from the local gas station will be the gifts that I give for Christmas...

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Maybe they weren't there for the black Friday sales, but the five finger discount. Sounds like they got more than they bargained for.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Kudos to you indeed. Nice to have had your buddy there also. Maybe those three maggots will learn something.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    People are real jerks on black friday. I dont go out any more. It isnt worth the hassle to me to stand in line and then have people cut in and rush the doors it's crazy and dangerous. My wife and I saw 2 people fighting several years ago over a toy. There isnt anything my kids need for Christmas that badly that I'd fight someone over it.

Glad you're ok and you got the TV you wanted. Which Walmart were you at?

My Wife and daughter went to Greenwood about 6am this morning, Kohls, and BB. They said the lines in Kohls went to the back of the store at least a 1 hour wait....so they left. But the lines at the stores in the mall were ok.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not even sure how to start this with out being innapropriate. Will try to be "Politically Correct"

I went to local Walmart for Black Friday.....mistake. I was calmly standing in line for a bunch of TV's they were getting ready for 8:00 sale. Everyone was talking fine when all the sudden three "Men", pushed there way in front of everyone, myself included. being very rude, and not speaking any English. You could tell by their actions that they were going to grab what they wanted without regard to anyone else. (And they did). About the time I was getting ready to say something...The guy on my side shoved his way in front of me, and he pushed backwards trying to get me to back up. When I didn't, couldn't, he elbowed me in the side hitting my 1911 which was concealed. He shot me a look I said" Happy Thanksgiving, count your blessing!!!

He then backed away to the other side where his buddy's were. Next thing I know I am getting checked out by all three of them.
    I watched them close but was not too worried, because I think he about crapped, but my buddy showed up a couple minutes later and noticed right off that they were watching me, and yammering about me. He carries also, and he asked what was up. I told him and he hung around for a bit.
    They left without incident, but I was kind of put off by their actions, but at the same time I knew that he knew without a doubt that I was carrying because his buddy was checking me out pretty good. I was pretty pissed at how they acted, but alot of things went kind of unspoken there for a few minutes. I am thankful it was not anything worse, but it makes you think.

At least you dont THINK they did. I'm sure they do, otherwise they couldnt survive very well here. They just didnt NEED to use it since they were only talking amongst themselves.

Reminds me of the last time I heard of that type not speaking any english so they could say what they felt "in code" of sorts since nobody around understood them.

My best friend and his wife were having a garage sale. He went inside, and shortly afterward a group of 3 hispanics walked up to the stuff. They looked at his wife, who is whiter than white, and didnt give her any thought. Feeling brave that this solo gringo was an easy mark, One said to the other in spanish without even attempting to lower his voice "Hey, go ask her questions and distract her. Me and Paco will grab some of this expensive stuff and walk away". She looked up at them and replied VERY loudly in spanish, "You have 3 seconds to GTF off my property before I call the cops." and pulled out her cell phone. They about crapped themselves and took off.

+1 on keeping a level head. Thats why you wont catch me near non-grocery places before noon on black friday. Its not worth the headache to MAYBE get a good deal on some crap I really dont need. The only one of my friends that sat in line did so I think for a reasonable cause... Their son is non-verbal autistic. He needs a new speech device to help him communicate, and they are about $8,000 for the FDA approved unit and their insurance doesnt always cover them. Mom and Dad took turns sitting in line for a $200 ipad mini. After all the specialized software and accessories they are still under $600!
    But I did score 30% off LED xmas lights for the house I have been looking for for several years during the weekly grocery run at WalMart today. Beat the sale cutoff by 35 minutes! :rockwoot: And preliminary testing says THE ROI on these is before the season is out. :alright:

I bought 20 strands for about . $70. A single strand of my old C9s is just under 150W of draw according to my kill-a-watt meter. two strands of the replacements dont even register on the system.

Top Bottom