• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Ole Waylon got 2 roosters this morning. I was starting to get worried. We went about an hour without seeing anything. Then Waylon started getting birdy and started to point but then took off running. I looked ahead and almost a hundred yards ahead, a rooster was running and ran over into the woods. We went down the same strip of woods and I think he did the same thing. So went over to the other woods on the other side of the field (winter wheat planted). He started getting birdy and stopped. There are 3 pheasants together, 2 cocks and a hen. A cock took off, I shot him. Waylon went to that bird. Then I see the other rooster just on the other side, standing there. Then the hen flew up into the trees. I let the hen go. Went to Waylon and got that bird. We exited the woods and I saw the other rooster cut into the field which was heavy waist high cover. Waylon went way past where I saw the bird cut in, so I was trying to guide him, not being a very smart man. Then he puts it up, and I dropped that one. So we were done in about an hour and a half.

IMG_1612.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1614.jpeg
      IMG_1614.jpeg
      147.7 KB · Views: 23

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I used to deer hunt Pigeon River. When the bird hunters came out I would move to the thickest cover I could. The deer joined me in short order. Dad and I would pop a few birds later while we rabbit hunted.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    The more I think about it believe that many moons ago I did know they did that. Never hunted public ground and wasn't ever a bird hunter.

Fished Tri County going back to preschool but not in years now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I didn’t expect the spots to fill up as quick as they do. Next year I will sign up for a couple more days. Just had two this year.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Does everyone hunt with dogs, or do some just kick up birds on their own?
    i think there are a few without dogs, but not many. Everyone I hunted around this year did. Yesterday there was a dad with two kids. They had one English pointer. Today there were four guys with 2 labs and a springer spaniel.

Top Bottom