• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    You will love it! I love mine and threw my other stuff in the garbage. Every time I checked it was spot on with the old balance beam scale. Nice for doing accurate match rifle rounds or working up new loads. For mass production pistol stuff I still use my Lee thrower although still check it against the Chargemaster. Must have for the bench. Little spendy but I waited for a sale with rebate and used my Cabela's points. Worth whatever you had to pay. Have fun and stay safe!

rollingblock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Morristown, IN
    You won't regret it, particularly for rifle loads. Had mine for nearly two years now, its been trouble free and every time I use it I am happy with how it performs.:yesway:

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Have been thinking about one. Have heard in reviews that they were slow and slow down process. Any truth?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Have been thinking about one. Have heard in reviews that they were slow and slow down process. Any truth?

It is a little slow at pouring charges but it has an auto feature that helps with that issue. While it is pouring a new charge you can be seating a new bullet or working on something else as long as your bench is solid to not disrupt the scale. I use my boxes of lead bullets as balast and bolted my bench to the wall with angle brackets. Works nice and overall I found it to speed things up.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

Not slow at all. I have a single stage press, and it really sped up my reloading. My powder measure was junk, and would not throw a consistent charge. Especially when using Varget powder. I can do an operation while the powder is dispensing, so no wasted time.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana

Apparently it depends what you are doing (rifle-pistol, single stage, etc.).

On a Dillon 550 I can crank out rounds a whole lot faster (45's, 9's 40's) if I do not use it, just guessing but I think it would take at least 3 times longer. Also, unless your bench is uber solid you don't want to be doing anything while the dispenser is measuring a charge.

They are nice for working up a charge and the digital weight read out does make it faster to adjust the Dillon powder measure. I use a good beam scale for most checking (faster for me and I think they are much more rugged) and use the fancy gadget for double checking initial balance scale settings and when I'm doing 10 of this and 10 of that.

Mine went bonkers just past the warranty period, but replacing the scale was discounted considerably compared to the cost of initial purchase.

Be careful to turn it every which way and look very closely when changing powders (my opinion).

Top Bottom