• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I can't get over the Crescent used to mark Flight 93.

Top 5 Worst 9/11 Memorials

9/11 has inspired a myriad of memorials who are scattered all across America. Some of them are of questionable taste, others contain strange occult symbolism while others simply **** people off. Here’s the five most offensive.

#5 Boston Memorial

It’s a glass and steel cube. Next to a thruway. How heart wrenchingly touching. When I look at it, I become moved by so many intense emotions. The main one is boredom. Don’t get me wrong, I can appreciate a good cube when I see one. And that is one fine cube. But does it make me reflect on 9/11 and the state of humanity? Not really. It however does make me want to go downstairs to get the latest Iphone though.

#4 Polish Plaque

This plaque was installed at the base of the KATYN statue in New Jersey, which directly faced the Twin Towers. The statue (which is also depicted on the plaque), is of a wounded WWII soldier getting stabbed in the back.

Katyn statue on which the plaque installed​

Anyways, the plaque has been described as “awkward”, “weird” and “???”. At face value, it seems to be of Virgin Mary mourning the Towers. A closer look at the symbolism of the plaque quickly reveals a hidden, occult meaning. Writer “Ground Zero” perfectly sums up its esoteric symbolism:
    “There is the goddess with a hexagramic eagle-pendant hanging from her neck, as well as the sun forming a halo behind her, grasping one of the burning towers like a phallus that is ejaculating. The sexuality inherent in these astro-theological themes should bemoan you that some kind of ceremonial magic is being invoked here, even if the artists who created the statue and/or plaque did not know about their art’s greater relevance to the 9/11 mega-ritual.” Source: wearechangenewjersey.org
    In other words, this plaque would commemorate the planned and occult ritual that was 9/11 and the event is even likened to a sexual act. The woman is evidently not the Virgin Mary as the symbolism on and around her refer to the concept of female goddess who completes the solar deity. This is just sick, disgusting, awful, and I have no more adjectives for it so I’ll just spit on the computer screen.

#3 All Seeing Eye Memorial

An interesting thing very few people know about is the “Oculus” artwork project, which was placed directly underneath the WTC in 1998.

Oculus Artwork right beneath Ground Zero

The centerpiece of the work is an elliptical glass and stone mosaic floor, with a micro mosaic eye at the center of an ultramarine vortex with the image of the City of New York woven into the picture. This All-Seeing Eye, placed right under the actual Ground Zero sends shockwaves around the world. Those of you who know the myth of the eye of Horus, where Osiris experiences rebirth in the underworld, will surely find it interesting that this eye is located below ground level…in the “underworld”.

#2 Teardrop Memorial

The monument comprises a 100-foot-tall bronze tower with a jagged split down the middle and a 40-foot-long stainless steel teardrop suspended in the gap.

Located in Bayonne, New Jersey, this monument was dedicated in 2006, with little to no media coverage. There are no signs or ads leading to it on the streets of New Jersey. It is billed as being a gift from Russian president Vladimir Putin to America and was created by Russian artist Zurab Tsereteli. The monument was the source of many controversies and disputes. It was originally meant to be erected on the New Jersey waterfront but officials rejected it. It was finally placed in Bayonne, facing the New York skyline, but many still complain that this 10 story horror blocks the wonderful view of the city. The art community stated that “it was not just unpleasant, but to the point that it was offensive“. Others have said that it looked like a woman’s vulva and that it was Russia’s indirect of way of calling America a p*ssy…cat.

#1- Crescent of Embrace

This memorial hasn’t been completed yet but it already has created more controversy than any other. The official story of 9/11 is that angry Islamic people “who hate our freedoms” have plotted this attack from a cave deep in Afghanistan, while eating hummus with their fingers. Let’s assume this is true… Would it make sense to create a huge memorial in the shape of the Muslim crescent? I mean, if the USA destroyed a building in Iran for no reason, would the Iranians build a huge memorial looking like the US flag? I don’t think so. Unless it was to burn it afterwards. Well, if the government is consistent with its Al-Qaeda story, it should maybe try not to incorporate blatant Muslim symbolism in its memorials, unless they want to **** people off big time. And they did. The memorial managed to anger Christians, Muslims, Jews and miscellaneous at the same time. Maybe that’s the memorial’s goal: to unite all religions through hating it.

Above the winning design chosen for the memorial to commemorate Flight 93, which crashed in Pennsylvania. The memorial is shaped like a big moon crescent, which happens to be Islam’s main symbol. It was also proved to point directly to the Mecca. This has caused a huge uproar among citizens and all sorts of political commentators. There’s even internet petition calling for the investigation of the Islamic symbolism in the design. Here’s a description of the memorial’s features taken from the petition:
    Many features of the chosen Flight 93 Memorial design are intolerable:
    1. THE GIANT CRESCENT. The centerpiece of the original “Crescent of Embrace” design was a giant red Islamic shaped crescent. Every particle of this original crescent design remains completely intact in the so-called redesign, which only added a few irrelevant trees. The giant crescent is still there.
    2. IT POINTS TO MECCA. The giant crescent points to Mecca. A crescent that Muslims face into to face Mecca is called a “mihrab,” and is the central feature around which every mosque is built. The Flight 93 Memorial is on track to become the world’s largest mosque.
    3. THE ISLAMIC SUNDIAL. The minaret-like Tower of Voices is a year-round accurate Islamic prayer-time sundial (one of many typical mosque features that are realized in the crescent design, all on the same epic scale as the half mile wide central crescent).
    4. THE 44 BLOCKS. There are 44 glass blocks on the flight path, equaling the number of passengers, crew, AND terrorists. Intentional or not, these features are entirely unacceptable.
    This travesty must stop and investigations must begin.
    1) We the undersigned call on our state and federal legislators to undertake their own thorough and independent investigations of the Flight 93 Memorial design. The truth must come out.
    2) We ask that the crescent design be scrapped entirely and that it be replaced with a new design that is not tainted by Islamic or terrorist memorializing symbolism.
    3) We demand a fitting and proper memorial that HONORS the brave men and women of Flight 93. Source: Call for Congressional investigation of Islamic symbolism in the Flight 93 memorial

Wow, talk about a bad idea.​

So, if you’ve read correctly, the terrorists are also honored in the memorial. That’s a great way to anger people. Here’s what some people said about the memorial and recent redesign.
    “The winning design for the Flight 93 memorial ‘Crescent of Embrace’ is extravagant, wasteful and ultimately does not convey the spirit of the resistance and defiance of the passengers who made the ultimate sacrifice that their plane would not be used to attack their own countrymen. (…) How would you stop this travesty of a memorial from blighting the Pennsylvania landscape? This is the intellectual masturbatory fantasy of an architect for the benefit of his peers.” -Simon Tan
    “To those who prefer their monuments to be monumental, this may come as something of a disappointment, if not an outright betrayal. Even at this late date, seemingly ordinary citizens can perform extraordinary feats, as Flight 93’s heroic epic reminds us. The problem isn’t that we’ve run out of heroes in America. We just don’t know how to honor them anymore.” -John V. Last
    “Redesigned Flight 93 memorial still an Islamo-fascist shrine.” -Alec Rawls

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The only one I have a problem with is the crescent.

Remember, the Vietnam Memorial was despised when it was revealed.

I'd like to read the artists' explanation for their symbolism.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    This reminds me of the old joke (sanitized for your protection):

Frank is sent to a Psychiatrist for evaluation.
    The Doctor explains that he'll be showing Frank a series of inkblot images called Rorschach Inkblots.
    Doctor: "Now Frank as I reveal each image tell me the first thing that comes to mind okay."
    Frank: "Sure, I got it."
    The doctor shows the first pattern.
    Doctor: "What do you see?"
    Frank: "A women with really big (breasts)."
    Next image.
    Frank: "A man and a women (in coitus))."
    Next image
    Frank: "A women performing (fellatio) on a guy."
    The doctor puts down the images and says, "Frank you seem to have an obsession with sex."
    Frank: "Me! Doc, you're the one with all the dirty pictures."

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Even before I read the description of #2, I thought, "Holy $#%&!! It's a giant cooter!!!! I guess the bureaucrats who approved its display had never seen one before.

I've always thought that #1 was pretty damn offensive. What the f#$% does a crescent have to do with with it, other than to try to glorify the terrorists. The impact of the plane left a crater in the disinctive shape of the head-on silhouette of the aircraft. Perhaps that's the form that needs to be permanently etched in the ground.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Even before I read the description of #2, I thought, "Holy $#%&!! It's a giant cooter!!!! I guess the bureaucrats who approved its display had never seen one before.

I've always thought that #1 was pretty damn offensive. What the f#$% does a crescent have to do with with it, other than to try to glorify the terrorists. The impact of the plane left a crater in the disinctive shape of the head-on silhouette of the aircraft. Perhaps that's the form that needs to be permanently etched in the ground.

Personally, I like it. The middle of a tower is destroyed and replaced with a giant teardrop. I get it, and I like it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Personally, I like it. The middle of a tower is destroyed and replaced with a giant teardrop. I get it, and I like it.

Yeah, me too. Always thought it very evocative of that day.

The crescent and including the terrorists in the memorial to Flt 93, otoh, is pure abomination.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    So what is the issue with #2 (Polish Plaque)?

"At face value, it seems to be of Virgin Mary mourning the Towers"

Most likely a reflection on Polish culture and art. And if you don't like the image of a wounded WWII soldier getting stabbed in the back get rid of the statue.

"...grasping one of the burning towers like a phallus that is ejaculating. "

Somebody is reading way too much Freud.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I actually like #2.

I really don't think it looks too much like a "snapper". I get what the artist was trying to convey.

But that's just my opinion. For the love of God I strongly dislike most things people call "art".

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    #2 was ok. It actually looked like it was well thought out and constructed well.

I don't think I immediately found it sexual.

Some people see things sexual in everything.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The crescent and including the terrorists in the memorial to Flt 93, otoh, is pure abomination.

I think what's there now does the job just fine...

DSC_1698.jpg

DSC_1697.jpg

DSC_1696.jpg

DSC_1702.jpg

DSC_1706.jpg

Flag in the background denotes the impact zone:
    DSC_1701.jpg

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Having seen a fair amount of real ones in my 47 years,
    Congratulations, and thanks for sharing. I'm sure your parents are very proud.

I'd suggest perhaps it's your own unrealized needs that project that image.
    Thanks for the opinion, Dr. Freud. How much do I owe you?

Amateur psycoanalysis aside... This is not some abstract, Georgia O'Keeffe painting. It's an enormous snatch. I think the artist needs a little couch time.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Congratulations, and thanks for sharing. I'm sure your parents are very proud.

Thanks for the opinion, Dr. Freud. How much do I owe you?

Amateur psycoanalysis aside... This is not some abstract, Georgia O'Keeffe painting. It's an enormous snatch. I think the artist needs a little couch time.

Red pills are free.

Top Bottom