• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I have several older ones Smith,H&R Iver Johnson some of them are shooters some are not I had a smith 38 that was a good shooter ? There are a few guys still using them in cowboy action shoots.

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    My wife was recently given a top break 9 shot H&R Sportsman in .22lr. It was her grandfathers first gun. He purchased it in 1947. Great gun, nice shooter too. It was dead accurate at 50 yards.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Can you still get a schofield from uberti?

Several outfits still have replica Schofields listed in their catalogs, and I've seen both new and used examples offered for sale at the last couple of shows I've attended. IIRC, caliber options are .44-40 (.44 WCF), .45 Colt and .38 Spl.

Uberti also produces replicas of the S&W No. 3 "Russian" in the original .44 Russian caliber. Factory ammo and brass for handloading is readily available and I believe that standard .44 Mag/Spl. dies will work for it, too.

Beretta also made some very well done replicas of the New Model No. 3 top breaks, at least until very recently.

The S&W Performance Center produced a small run of extremely nice Schofields in the original .45 S&W chambering a few years back. You still see them offered occasionally on the auction site, but only at "serious collectors" prices.

All of the above are generally pretty pricey, but nowhere nearly as much as even an NRA Fair condition original would bring.

Top Bottom