• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Made my first trip in there this afternoon. Very nice shop. Older gentleman working there claimed they stocked 2200 +/- guns and it looked like it. Good sized shop but not as big (physically) as Meeks. Was asked by 7 different employees if I needed help with anything in about 20 minutes. Nice to have customer service but came a little close to being too much. Saw at least 2 other people behind the counter that didn't get to me. Very nice selection and most of the prices looked right in line.
    Was drooling over a Uberti 1873 in .45 Colt with a half octagon half round barrel. Color case hardening colors were beautiful.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah, they do have a lot in stock. But in my opinion there are much better places in town. While I do visit the shop I have never done business with them, and don't plan to really. It is nice and things inside though I will agree with everything you said :):

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Terre Haute Guns is better, imho.
    100% agree, I think their prices may have gone up a little bit over the last few months but they have always been top notch in my book since they opened. I also like Carson arms. He may not have what you want in stock but he can get it and he is always fair and gives me great deals. Ian Carson and the guys at Terre Haute guns are both way more pleasant to deal with than anyone at top guns. But again this is my opinion. Some people rave about top guns, I just don't get why is all.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Nascarfantoo, I stand corrected. I was talking about Top Guns but was thinking about the shooting show on TV. LOL

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    100% agree, I think their prices may have gone up a little bit over the last few months but they have always been top notch in my book since they opened. I also like Carson arms. He may not have what you want in stock but he can get it and he is always fair and gives me great deals. Ian Carson and the guys at Terre Haute guns are both way more pleasant to deal with than anyone at top guns. But again this is my opinion. Some people rave about top guns, I just don't get why is all.

I 100% agree with this. Carson has an employee that isn't the best, but he is a great guy. I have purchased firearms off of both him and Terre Haute Guns. I'll do business with them again in the future.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    I have bought guns at all three and like all three of the shops. However, I have always found Top Guns to be anywhere from $10-$50 cheaper on most models most of the time. Not every time but most. That and the selection keeps me going back. Plus even as busy as they are you always get helped very quickly. Of the three my least favorite is Terre Haute Guns. Don't really know why exactly, just have never felt as comfortable in that shop.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Have made 3 purchases at Top Guns and have not been given any reason to look anywhere else. They tolerate my window shopping and show me whatever I want to see even though I have announced that I am just looking. I have nothing but good things to say about Top Guns.

TerreHauteGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    Terre Haute/Riley

Our prices haven't gone up.....any increases seen are directly from the manufacturer/distributor. We've always stuck with the same small margins we've always worked with. I would think by now it would be pretty well known that we're about the only shop in this area that hasn't tried to take advantage of our customers.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Our prices haven't gone up.....any increases seen are directly from the manufacturer/distributor. We've always stuck with the same small margins we've always worked with. I would think by now it would be pretty well known that we're about the only shop in this area that hasn't tried to take advantage of our customers.

+1. I like both shops, but Terre Haute Guns is my #1 shop in the Terre haute area. They sold me an unobtainium gun in the height of the craziness for half of what anyone else who could get one wanted. Their prices are always excellent, and they're genuinely nice people.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    I spent money in Top Guns today and like the place. Went into Terre Haute Guns for the first time, hadn't been there yet (but will go back). My buddy has a 22-250 he's needing to send in to Remington and just ran it by them and they gave him a rifle box. We didn't even spend a dime in there.

Hey, just a box, but great atmosphere, good people, will go back.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013

I could see it being based on the distributor or someone besides you guys, I appreciate the response! I will actually be coming in to buy a gun from you guys this week! Thanks for the reply

Top Bottom