Top Shot - Jake is an arse..., but he's right.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    It isn't called Money Shot.
    That's a different show entirely.

There is a reason this guy has bounced all over the place in his career and life. You can find his bio online if you look for it. The reason is himself. He has accomplished a lot, but doesn't stick around long...I have a feeling there is a lot of burnt bridges in his wake.

There is no honor in this guy. I hate it when people play the victim card, especially capable people.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Jake is a jackwagon. That being said, they don't pick SEAL's for their sense of fair play. Jake is playing the game to win by any means necessary. His language and antics are not what I'd want as traits for my kid's football coach (if that's what he is). My money's on Dustin.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I like how he wants to send the best to elimination, but when it's HIM going he gets all torqued up because he did well, and only THEN should it be based on performance.

LOL. The irony/hypocrisy is rich.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I stopped watching this farce. I wanted to see a show about shooting competition. I tried recording it, but after FF though the commercials and drama, there really isn't much to see. The absurd theatrics entertain some people but turns me off. If I wanted to see that kind of crap I would watch the infantile day time programing. What don't they just bill it as TopShot - Soap Opera Style.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I like how he wants to send the best to elimination, but when it's HIM going he gets all torqued up because he did well, and only THEN should it be based on performance.

LOL. The irony/hypocrisy is rich.

^THIS^
    He should be in the elimination every week, IMHO.
    Once I realized that he was playing a game and trying to scam the system, I could tolerate him much more.
    Even though I have NO respect for him at all.
    And I also don't think he should be allowed around kids at all because of his attitude. ;)

If the guys left in the house were smart at all they would be short sheeting his bed, hiding his socks, and whatever other college pranks they could think of.
    I am telling you, he would lose it.

I was sad to see the red haired guy go (forgot his name) because I thought he had Jake figured out and was dishing it right back out and laughing about it.

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    If it was a show to simply show who was the best shooter, then yes, be honorable. It's a game show. You play to win the money. Period.

I agree, i think that everyone has to remember that with this being a tv show with money up for grabs there are always going to be people who look at as that and try and play the game while trying to make themselves out to be either the good guy/woman or the victim somehow.

either way I think that if you go on tv with the intent to win a grand prize of cash money then you should approach it that way, if you want to see who is the better shooter , then haul your 5th point of contact down to the range and blow through about a thousand rounds.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    If you look at the people that do that, though.
    They never win.
    The drama troublemaker types might make to the finals but they never win.
    So, if it never results in a win, why do it?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If you look at the people that do that, though.
    They never win.
    The drama troublemaker types might make to the finals but they never win.
    So, if it never results in a win, why do it?

Maybe its all scripted.

rgarner74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    So, does anyone think he will make it to the top 2. Very possible. He sure is full of his self...

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Jake may very well win the whole thing, he is good. He has his strategy an I'm ok with that, others want to compete against the best, I have no problem with that either. Jake is a arse though, as a former Navy Seal I see no team work in him an NO leadership of any kind. Leadership doens't mean blowing up all the time an throwing a tantrem, or trying to start fights. I don't know how he made it in Seals I really don't. He has some real problems stemming back to his childhood, too immature an too much of an A (azz) personality for me....wouldn't let my kids get anywhere near that immature guy. Hope he looses, it would be a blow to his over inflated ego....

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Jake is the only Top Shot competitor so far whom I'd like to see removed from the competition because there was an accidental discharge to the back of his head.

I seriously don't like that douche.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Im all about trying to win. I mean at the heart of it, it is a game. There is a prize at the end. I just think he could do it with a little more class.

Top Bottom