• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    So MAC has me all curious about the Rex 1. In my searches, it looks like the mag is proprietary. However, they are 1) reasonably priced and 2) easily made by drilling a hole in a Beretta 92 magazine.
    The mags aren't compatible. Retail on the mags is in the $35 range.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Thank you! You just saved me from making the same points.

The Legion isn't that tightly fit. If you need to spend $200 in ammo to work out imperfections from the factory on a $1500 gun, then that's an even bigger issue. I've toured several factories (I'm headed to Prague this week to see CZ) and every one of them has test machines that cycle the slides as part of their QC.

It's also worth pointing out that the Arex is more tightly fit and it didn't require a break in period. Pistols are insanely simple machines some with less than 40 parts and only a fraction of those are moving parts. A car, on the other hand, has thousands of finely fit moving parts. If you bought a brand new car and it stalled and stumbled for the first 500 miles you drove it, would you be happy?

In the age of modern precision manufacturing there is no need for "break in periods" on a properly made pistol, like the Rex Zero 1. If Sig has imperfections to work out, they should do it at the factory before sending it to you so you're not having to spend hundreds of dollars finishing their work.

Here's a comparison on the fit between the two guns: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJs6EIRAEph/

As for grease, as you mention, if the fitment is THAT tight a more viscous material would actually cause more friction than a thiner synthetic lube like CLP.

Break in periods and speciality lubes are excuses for poorly designed and/or manufacturer firearms.

Tim, really like the new testing methodology. I llike the side-by-side tests. Been a big fan of your channel for many years; especially since your in IN. Keep up the good work and look forward to a G19 Gen3 torture test.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom