• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Every set of statistics has a motive behind it. Look at the numbers long enough and you can pretty much justify anything with them. If, in the end, all the work with the spreadsheet results in a Wilson in one more holster, then it's been worth it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I want a Wilson, but I don't know if I would shoot or carry it for fear of scratching it.

Then no reason to own it. There is a nice used Wson Protector at the LGS. It has had two owners. Maybe 200 rounds down the pipe. 2nd owner didn't even shoot it. It was traded in once and sold back to the second time. Not uncommon really. $3000 gun and the owner can't bring themselves to shoot it so they sell it back to the shop. Trust me a Wilson will take a beating and keep coming back.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have always been one to get the better "Tools" for the long run. I am a buy once never replace kind of guy. I have broken/lost tools but the same mindset applies.
    When folks suggest the deals at Harbor freight I just smile and ignore although I have bought a few things in there but mainly low use jack stands/air hoses etc.

I bought some zip ties from them once. :)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Then no reason to own it. There is a nice used Wson Protector at the LGS. It has had two owners. Maybe 200 rounds down the pipe. 2nd owner didn't even shoot it. It was traded in once and sold back to the second time. Not uncommon really. $3000 gun and the owner can't bring themselves to shoot it so they sell it back to the shop. Trust me a Wilson will take a beating and keep coming back.

Kind of what I have decided. I am trying to decide if the Les Baer models are at a price point that I would take out and shoot and not worry about.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I don't shoot my Dirty Harry Model 29 but that's because I haven't loaded up anything for it yet. I have thought it would be fun to do an ICORE or even IDPA shoot with it.

Light loads though...:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I got over the fear of scratching the Ed Brown by telling myself that I can get it reblued some day if I retired it from every day use. It now sports a big scratch on the top of the slide to go with the carry wear. It's just patina and certainly will be joined by more scratches over the years.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't shoot my Dirty Harry Model 29 but that's because I haven't loaded up anything for it yet. I have thought it would be fun to do an ICORE or even IDPA shoot with it.

Light loads though...:)

The top strap on mine broke. Previous owner ran hot loads through it and the frame was not up to the work.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The top strap on mine broke. Previous owner ran hot loads through it and the frame was not up to the work.

Ouch. My brother hunted with mine before I got it. He ran some pretty stout 240 gr loads but not a lot as it was a hunting piece not a gaming/target/plinking gun.

I will run only lighter loads since I am not a recoil junkie. Actually, if I recall, Dirty Harry shot .44 Russian for "faster follow-up shots".:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ouch. My brother hunted with mine before I got it. He ran some pretty stout 240 gr loads but not a lot as it was a hunting piece not a gaming/target/plinking gun.

I will run only lighter loads since I am not a recoil junkie. Actually, if I recall, Dirty Harry shot .44 Russian for "faster follow-up shots".:)

Mine was a really pretty nickel gun. I was not as sharp (:):) then or I would have passed but he needed some cash and the deal seemed good. Turns out it wasn't. Lesson learned.

Top Bottom