• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I think the XDm is a better all-around choice. The Beretta is too big for CCW in anything but a vertical shoulder holster, and it's HEAVY. The Shield is a bit to small to shoot all day at the range for fun. The XDm is your Goldilocks.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For CCW, I've learned that width and weight are whan can make or break it for me -- making me more or less likely to carry
    (plus I don't carry on my college campus, but that's another topic)

Anyways, i've found that keeping it right around an inch in width is the sweet spot.
    Shield, XDs, G42, nano, pico, etc. are all in that ball park.

Also, I'd always take a 9mm over a .380 in a similar sized gun. **FOR ME** I don't like shooting a .40 or .45 in a sub compact gun. It's not that I can't shoot it, but I feel more comfortable and I shoot better with 9mm in small guns.

I'd agree on the .40 in the subcompacts. I can shoot it, but not as well as the 9mm counterparts on that second and subsequent follow up shots.

Shield, Glock 19/26, M&P9c, etc would all be good candidates.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    what holster do you use.

I use a Vedder ComfortTuck.
    ComfortTuck IWB Hybrid by Vedder Holsters

I think the XDm is a better all-around choice. The Beretta is too big for CCW in anything but a vertical shoulder holster, and it's HEAVY. The Shield is a bit to small to shoot all day at the range for fun. The XDm is your Goldilocks.

That is why I picked the XDm 3.8 Compact, it is small enough to carry concealed easily, but big enough to be comfortable at the range all day especially with the included extended magazine.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The XDm 3.8 compact in 9mm might be the perfect all around gun. They need to slim it down a bit and do something about the grip safety, but otherwise a good choice for the budget minded pistol owner.

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    Go with either the XDM compact or Shield for carry. While I do like the Beretta 92 platform, it is simply too big and heavy to be useful as a carry gun.

The Shield that you would want to carry is way more effective than the 92 which you would leave at home. The 92 would be good as a fun range gun or home defense (reliable, cheap mags).

Top Bottom