• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    First I hope this has not been posted before.
    Second I hope this is in the correct location.

Over at "The Truth" we find out that Toys R Us is officially anti gun. I have been mentioning it for a while that in my neck of the woods their stores have been posting signs, but other bloggers had been saying that it was not nation wide.

Now we have their official statement on the matter.... Ignorance:

FW: Cranberry Twp Store 16066
    Discussion Thread
    —————————————————————
    Response – 02/15/2011 07:10 PM
    Dear Robert Bondi,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We value all your feedback, positive and negative, as it helps us to understand how our guests feel and gives us an opportunity to evaluate any possible issues.
    At Toys “R” Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority. As a retailer that welcomes millions of kids and families into our stores across the country each year, we take our responsibility to create only the safest shopping environment very seriously. While we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.
    Sincerely,
    Nathan Pavlish
    “R” Us Guest Relations

Contact Toys R Us here:
    Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us : Help Desk

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Concealed means concealed. On the TRUS side, tho, they've had a number of shootings there over the years, by insane shoppers on Black Fridays. I could see where they'd be gun shy.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    This makes zero sense. We want a safe environment for our guests, but if a mad man who doesn't respect the law , and will therefore have zero respect for a store policy, decides to go on a rampage killing innocent children we don't want anyone there to provide equal force and protection.

I will do my toy shopping somewhere rlse

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This makes zero sense. We want a safe environment for our guests, but if a mad man who doesn't respect the law , and will therefore have zero respect for a store policy, decides to go on a rampage killing innocent children we don't want anyone there to provide equal force and protection.

I will do my toy shopping somewhere rlse

That's not what they're afraid of. They're afraid of guns that go off by themselves. Yes, it's irrational, but it is what it is. They're afraid that someone's gun is going to fall out of its holster or something, it'll go off, and some kid is gonna get hurt.

Stop thinking like a pro-gunner and start thinking like an anti-gunner. You can't dispel an irrational fear with logic. That's why it's called an irrational fear.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The Toys R Us store in Clarksville is an overpriced dump. I have not been in there for several years, and am amazed that the place stays in business. I respect their right to dis-allow anything they want, but that doesn't mean I'll be spending any money in their store.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For the safety of the kids???
    Do they think that I will walk in the store and give a loaded gun to the first kid I see?
    I really dont see where they get that.
    I can legally have a loaded gun in public where you have kids around but it would be somewhat more dangerous inside their store?
    Anyway that's just a store policy, not a state law on firearms so im not going to obey it unless they have X-ray vision and can tell that im CCing and ask me to leave.
    In that case I will before leaving them a "no gun=no money" card.

MadCity Hoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Greencastle
    I just sent them an e-mail using the link in the OP. I told them I am done shopping there because of their anti-freedom stance. I closed by asking for clarifiaction if I misunderstood their policy in some way.

That's too bad. I've got two little ones and my circle of friends is overrun with little ones. I'll spread the word.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Next thing you know they wont be letting drummers shop there. They've been known to spontaneously-combust, you know! ...I can't take my drummer anywhere... (memories of Spinal Tap! :D)

I hope they don't sell any super soakers and/or other dangerous toys there...

One more thing ...is there something I should know about my guns? Glock claims that they're "safe-action pistols;" are they telling the truth, or just trying to take my money with a underhanded marketing ploy???? :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Next thing you know they wont be letting drummers shop there. They've been known to spontaneously-combust, you know! ...I can't take my drummer anywhere... (memories of Spinal Tap! :D)

I hope they don't sell any super soakers and/or other dangerous toys there...

One more thing ...is there something I should know about my guns? Glock claims that they're "safe-action pistols;" are they telling the truth, or just trying to take my money with a underhanded marketing ploy???? :dunno:

That's half a lie in my opinion.
    I think you need the safe-brain to go with the gun in order to make it totally safe.But a Glock wont go off by itself so I guess its really safe like they claim. :D

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i know the Babies R Us near me has a sign prohibiting Berettas. I carry a Glock so i've never really bothered it with it. Perhaps they don't like Italians?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Show me one law - PROVE TO ME any law, that has saved lives or kept people of the public "safer".

I guess you are talking about laws on weapons and such, I must agree with you that most of those laws are just stupid.
    Like that you cant carry an auto knife but a handgun is ok.

But you cant say that about ANY law, just take the fact that you have to wear your seat belt.
    I think its a law who saved lots of people. :)

Top Bottom