• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Does anyone know if the canik tp9sf will fit in a tp9sa holster? Or know of anyone making a holster for the SF model. Bravo makes them but I don't want to wait for ever. The holster it came with is okay but I don't trust serpa style holsters since debris can jam the button.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    received the holster on Thursday quality is good my only gripes are i wish the lens of the light wasn't so exposed (this may be common i don't know i have only dealt with blackhawk holsters for lights) and the belt clips. i would much rather have belt loops as opposed to clips for security reasons and the way it is set up the gun kinda sags away from my body. the clips are also 1.5" and my gun belt is 1.75":( so im looking around for some 1.75" belt loops. other than those two gripes i really like the holster the retention is excellent, with a fully loaded gun with light i can hold it upside down and shake the **** out of it and it doesn't budge.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    received the holster on Thursday quality is good my only gripes are i wish the lens of the light wasn't so exposed (this may be common i don't know i have only dealt with blackhawk holsters for lights) and the belt clips. i would much rather have belt loops as opposed to clips for security reasons and the way it is set up the gun kinda sags away from my body. the clips are also 1.5" and my gun belt is 1.75":( so im looking around for some 1.75" belt loops. other than those two gripes i really like the holster the retention is excellent, with a fully loaded gun with light i can hold it upside down and shake the **** out of it and it doesn't budge.

KnifeKits.com™ : Knife & Gun Making Supplies and Tools

Index Fasteners, Inc.

Home

lots of different loops you can get. Can you post a picture of your holster, I'm curious what kind of "clips" you're talking about.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    yep owb. and the clip is attached at the bottom causing the holster to flex out at the loops. a tp9 with tlr-1 and 19 rounds of ammo isnt light.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    yep owb. and the clip is attached at the bottom causing the holster to flex out at the loops. a tp9 with tlr-1 and 19 rounds of ammo isnt light.

I'm assuming this is a foldover or "taco" style holster as it's known in the industry. If so there isn't much you can do after the fact with putting a different attachment style on it. I'd request to send it back and put the money towards a pancake style holster with actual belt loops.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    well a little update, it broke! After very little use one of the belt clip things snapped tonight. i have only carried it on a few occasions since i normally need to cc a sub compact and naa mini but tonight i threw it on when i went to cash a large check and when i got home and jumped of the car i heard a pop and sure enough a belt clip broke. Very disappointed. no getting around it now i definitely need new loops.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    well a little update, it broke! After very little use one of the belt clip things snapped tonight. i have only carried it on a few occasions since i normally need to cc a sub compact and naa mini but tonight i threw it on when i went to cash a large check and when i got home and jumped of the car i heard a pop and sure enough a belt clip broke. Very disappointed. no getting around it now i definitely need new loops.

Loops > Clips! Luckily it happened when you got home and not out and about!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    yep i emailed and complained about the clips i havent worn it much because of the clips. but figured what the heck tonight. just about dumped the gun out.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    gearcraft sent me some war-lok loops to replace the silly j clips however i didnt get enough of the nuts to attach the loops to the holster. Instead of emailing them again i just made due with the hardware that was used with the j clips but those are too tall and wont allow my 5:11 belt to pass through so i'll have to use my floppy leather belt until i get the right nuts for the war-lok loops.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    gearcraft sent me some war-lok loops to replace the silly j clips however i didnt get enough of the nuts to attach the loops to the holster. Instead of emailing them again i just made due with the hardware that was used with the j clips but those are too tall and wont allow my 5:11 belt to pass through so i'll have to use my floppy leather belt until i get the right nuts for the war-lok loops.

War lok loops are great. I can send you some posts and screws if you need them.

Top Bottom