Tractor stuff, this stuff is confusing.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So I have a 23hp Kubota tractor now with a cat 1 3pt hitch. I've been mowing our overgrown back pasture and it needs to be raked badly. I found a cat 0 rake for a good deal and would like to use it with my tractor. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a tooth bar and quick hitch for my tractor, can I make a cat 0 rake work with my cat 1 quick hitch? Can I make it work without the quick hitch?

I'm such a newb......

Hickory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Gibson county
    Yes you can probably make it work. You may need some bushings to go on the cat. 0 pins so they fit your cat. 1 balls in the tractor. Will probably need to remove quick hitch but I would try it first before doing so.
    Hickory

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    I mean this in a kind way. If you just want to spend money go ahead, but you can get by easily without any of them. Save your money, you have a front loader (1001 uses). If your still talking about your yard with the root bar, in my opinion the rollover box blade will do a lot better. You can rake the grass with your loader, drop loader backing up to start the pile then turn around, drive forward, bucket flat and skim the ground and shove it where ever you want, a garden spot would be nice. Or you could get a 4 bar rake and a baler and awww never mind. ;) Fast hitch isn't worth it's salt to me, opinions vary. On the cat 0 vs cat 1 there are sleeves you can use or you might be able to change the pins. check to see if your lower links will go in enough to slide on the rakes pins (the spread might be different, That I don't know, I dont deal with cat 0 much)

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Ditto Gary's opinion on the fast hitch. I'm about to ditch mine because I still have to change a bunch of stuff everytime I change implements. It also adds in unnecessary slop to the unit so there's additional noise and movement when you're working.

Top Bottom