• Honest trade gone awry

• Total voters

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    My father got screwed big time on a trade here 2 years ago. After receiving a non-functioning gun in trade he tried to reach the fellow trader to no avail. The fellow INGOer never responded back to any of the emails. He blatantly traded a worthless gun and screwed over my father. My father hasn't been back to this site since and I don't blame him. It really irks me when people screw over others intentionally........

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    OP,

If you were looking for a 9mm handgun originally, and are now looking to trade the Keltec for a 9mm handgun, is it safe to say that you weren't looking for that Keltec you took on trade? If so, then the only reason you took that trade was to screw the guy. Bad on him for being an idiot, bad on you for going out of your way to take advantage of someone.

There's a whole TV show of two guys doing this same thing. Trading up to something they want (trading up several times to get what they want).

If two people agree with trading, I don't see the problem.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    My first thought was his reply "I'm armed to" is a little disturbing.

Second thought, is I hope you got a 'Bill of Sale'.
    It could be a mess, if this guy reported it 'stolen'.

Third, you both agreed on said trade and that's a deal. I hope nothing was wrong with your rifle.

Forth, he was pissed when he did locate 22's for it and it was $1/rnd. :D

Trade back? That's up to you... if you want. If not, he needs to educate himself next time, so it doesn't happen to him again.

Last, UBC would have solved this whole issue. As you would have went to an FFL for the exchange. Where the shop owner would have cancelled the deal on principle. :dunno: :D

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    My first thought was his reply "I'm armed to" is a little disturbing.

Second thought, is I hope you got a 'Bill of Sale'.
    It could be a mess, if this guy reported it 'stolen'.

Third, you both agreed on said trade and that's a deal. I hope nothing was wrong with your rifle.

Forth, he was pissed when he did locate 22's for it and it was $1/rnd. :D

Trade back? That's up to you... if you want. If not, he needs to educate himself next time, so it doesn't happen to him again.

Last, UBC would have solved this whole issue. As you would have went to an FFL for the exchange. Where the shop owner would have cancelled the deal on principle. :dunno: :D

OP did state it had a stock bolt out of spec, and that the mag needed to be fitted. This alone would have been a deal breaker for me.
    I'm not sure if the OP bought the 597 that way or he "worked" on it, screwed it up, found out it may be a costly repair (more than the rifle is worth) so he decided to trade it. I would hesitate to do any dealings with the OP based on this thread and others. Just my :twocents:, YMMV.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I Posted this thread because I had uneasiness with a deal and wanted to see what other INGO members thought.. Whole Idea was to see what the poll ran over night and that was going to be my stance; But the seller acted like a Deutsche bag (i think thats lower than a douche) and never made contact again so I came out ahead.

It did show me some things though it showed me peoples whos opinions (even opinions i dont agree with) that I would consider taking advice from. It also showed me those that I could put on my ignore list and not care. It reminded me why i just hang out in the Status Update thread now and go to meet and eats. Im burnt out on INGO.

I love the irony of some of these people saying they wouldnt do business with me but have yet to meet me, or talk to me, or attempt to trade with me. That just makes me laugh. I cant even think of a funny analogy other than not going to a store because a salesman you saw had argyle socks. Its not real funny but thats the best analogy I could come up with.

This thread went places it probably shouldnt but hey Its INGO......

To those that voted or gave guidance I sincerely thank you.

Bacon

Disclaimer: I have nothing against the Deutsche people

Last edited:

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Not gonna lie, I've traded up hundreds of times. It's all about what people want and how bad they want it. I got a brand new xd for something that cost me 150. It was an easy deal, the guy approached me with it. I don't feel bad at all, and you shouldn't either. ESPECIALLY if the guy is making vague threats about your place of employment, that's grounds for destruction. Honestly, I'd run the S/N on that new toy of yours to make sure it's clean, just based off the lack of grammar on his part.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    First, the keltec sold new for around $359, used, in reality it's worth about $300 or less.
    Of course, some people will pay $600-700 for a $300 gun. Same people will pay $100 or more for bulk .22.
    He is the one that asked to trade. Then he was a jerk instead of asking nicely about possibly trading back.
    I say DON'T TRADE BACK!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    In this case, buyer had no previous knowledge of OP's gun because he responded to the wrong ad, so there was no chance for him to do any value assessment. Therefore buyer was at a natural disadvantage, because OP knew the values of both guns, and he did not. Therefore OP is guilty of deceit by omission, which is not a crime, but demonstrates lack of integrity. I hope OP learns from this and behaves more ethically in the future. I mean, even the most expensive gun store would've offered a cash difference of a hundred dollars, right?

The buyer was burned by OP, plain and simple. The OP created this thread so that a bunch of people would tell him he is in the right, and the other guy is just a fool, which they did. There seems to be plenty of people supportive of ripping others off, which is the one thing that is beginning to turn me off of INGO.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    In this case, buyer had no previous knowledge of OP's gun because he responded to the wrong ad, so there was no chance for him to do any value assessment. Therefore buyer was at a natural disadvantage, because OP knew the values of both guns, and he did not. Therefore OP is guilty of deceit by omission, which is not a crime, but demonstrates lack of integrity. I hope OP learns from this and behaves more ethically in the future. I mean, even the most expensive gun store would've offered a cash difference of a hundred dollars, right?

The buyer was burned by OP, plain and simple. The OP created this thread so that a bunch of people would tell him he is in the right, and the other guy is just a fool, which they did. There seems to be plenty of people supportive of ripping others off, which is the one thing that is beginning to turn me off of INGO.

Your wrong!
    He omitted nothing! He told him About the couple issues he had with it. The guy could have walked away. It was all HIS choice.
    The op did NOTHING deceitful!
    On your point about gun stores, any shop would have taken the deal! A guy walks in, says I'll trade even my gun for yours, again the choice is his.
    Just because the guy didn't know there's a bunch of idiots on the Internet willing to give twice the value for his gun is NOT the op's fault!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Do you think if the burnt trader would have contacted the OP in a nice manner things would have turned out differently?

Karma always catches up to you.

I don't think he was "burnt", but it is possible that the op would have done something differently if confronted in a nicer manner.
    How would YOU handle it if someone you made a deal with sent those kind of messages to you?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    If you were honest with him and told him about any issues with the weapon and he looked it over and still traded then how could anyone think you did anything wrong? You didn't force his hand. Im confused if some people think you should of followed him around and made sure he didn't run with scissors, or touch hot surfaces? If you were honest and presented your .22 truthfully then there is nothing else you can do aside from making the decision for him. Not only that but once a gun has been out of your site how are you suppose to know whats done with it?

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I would not meet with a guy who is that aggressive on the phone. He may be more aggressive when he gets there and you are both armed.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    As it's been stated a few times already, the Sub2000 is NOT a $600 gun. I paid $300 for mine new a few years back. KelTec list them at $400 MSRP.

To the OP,

That fact you did this transaction on the property of a CLIENT of your Employer was really stupid. YOU CAN BE FIRED FOR THAT. Chances are the fact you were conducting personal business on a Client's property violated company policy which opens you up to termination. Also, the moment you took the rifle out of your vehicle, you were no longer protected by the "parking lot/bring your guns to work" law.

Now, if the person you dealt with wants to cause problems on the Client's property, the client may contact your employer and have you removed from the property or even drop your employer and find a different company to provide armed security.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    As it's been stated a few times already, the Sub2000 is NOT a $600 gun. I paid $300 for mine new a few years back. KelTec list them at $400 MSRP.

To the OP,

That fact you did this transaction on the property of a CLIENT of your Employer was really stupid. YOU CAN BE FIRED FOR THAT. Chances are the fact you were conducting personal business on a Client's property violated company policy which opens you up to termination. Also, the moment you took the rifle out of your vehicle, you were no longer protected by the "parking lot/bring your guns to work" law.

Now, if the person you dealt with wants to cause problems on the Client's property, the client may contact your employer and have you removed from the property or even drop your employer and find a different company to provide armed security.

What I do off the clock is my business. I've been doing all my trades there for years. Its well lit, highy visible, with camera and pedestrian traffic, I can get any money counted, checked for authenticity and loaded on my card. There is no better place to do it.

But I digress

That's not what this thread is about.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012

Wrong. Based on your post and signature, you sound like a CINO (Conservative in name only).

True conservatives believe in personal responsibility. You are advocating that the OP take responsibility for the decisions of the other party.

Top Bottom