• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    I would just list it in the classifieds here or armslist. Hoosier Topics is a joke, and basically anything listed on that site, is on here or armslist anyway.
    Best of luck with it.
    By the way, as someone else asked, what is it?

FRIENDLY HOOSIER, or whatever their newest name is (bad karma) is another FB group that is laughable. Never saw a used piece that I desired less than 80-85 percent of a new one.
    PM sent.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    From what I remember when I worked in a local shop, trade value came down to this and I know it is a vague explanation.
    We would sell a used gun for what we would pay for a new one, so a new one sells for $500 , we are paying dealer cost of $450 that is also what a used one sells for, but trade value might be $375-$400. Gun shops are in business to make a profit, some want a higher profit than others, the value of your gun is what you place on it, what it actually sells for might be another story.

behiggie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    I am in the same situation you are, there are two shops local to me and the one that I don't frequent came on with a gun that I am interested in, I took one of my pistols in to make a deal knowing that I would have to throw down some cash. The offer they gave me was insulting and just reminded me why I don't go there. The only advise I can offer is to shop around till you find a shop you like there are good ones out there.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    It's used.

If it's had 100 rounds through it rather than 10,000 it's worth more as a used gun, but it's still a used gun.

JMO, but there's simply no way I'm buying used for anywhere near the new price. Obviously, there's [STRIKE]suckers[/STRIKE], er... uh... Buyers out there that will buy a used gun for $50 less than they could buy the same gun new. But for myself, and many folks, if the used and new prices are that close, I'd prefer to just :spend: the extra few bucks and get the new one.

I then have a new warranty, don't have to worry that the old owner is selling it because something's wrong with it or the old owner screwed it up in some manner, and so forth. Further, if it's purchased new, there's (typically) some recourse should there be some problem with the gun. Typically that's not so with buying used from a private Seller. You buy it, you're stuck with whatever problems that come with it.

Never bought a firearm from anyone not personally known to me well prior to the sale, and have not and will not sell a firearm to anyone I don't know 'intimately'. Even then, have never bought a firearm used from anyone unless it's a 'real steal'. JMO, but if their price (after haggling) is within even $100 of the price of a new one, I'm buying the new one.

If I'm buying someone else's 'headache' (must be a reason they're getting rid of it, and the Buyer isn't always given the real reason), I'm buying it at a 'taking-on-the-headache' price.

YMMV, of course. 'Caveat emptor' should always be kept in mind.

Top Bottom