• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Had an offer today of a brand new Remington 870 tactical 18.5 barrel, pistol grip, blah blah blah. For??? Get this.... 500 rounds of 5.56 ammo

Should I have done the trade?

Last edited:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I sure would have. I guess with the prices 5.56 are going for right now on Gunbroker that would be letting the ammo go cheap really.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I did do it, that was a trick question! I've got more ammo but didn't have an 870 that I've been eyeballing anyway! I only had $75 in the ammo, so yea... I jumped on it! Came NIB as if I walked out of the store with it

old timer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Reallllly nice trade, wish I had tradin pardners like that. Seems I always buy high and haffta sell low.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I thought for sure that when he asked if I'd make a trade it would be something like...
    "Hay men. I gotsa 15" Lanzer Sub an 100 VHS movy's i will trade ya? Lets me no!"

God knows I've had my share of those!

Not this guy... He just wanted some ammo and already purchased a semi-auto shotty to replace the 870. So worked out good for both of us I guess?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm confused. Aren't we supposed to be bashing OP for proving a wanted product at the buyer's price? I can't keep track of the changing winds :)

I too have 500 round .223 I'll swap for an 870. Heck, I'll do 520

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    so you had about $150 in ammo, and wouldn't trade it?
    I would have..

No no no... I totally took it! We're both very happy parties at this time. Now 2-3 months from now I can't say that he will still be happy as the ammo will most likely have been spent and he's left with empty brass... Keep in mind I did not initiate this trade, he did!

Hiserman79

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Madison
    Ah those unprepared panic buyers do love to line the pockets. I personally think its a bunch of bull when folks bash people for gouging. The buyers set the price. Even better in your case they came asking you! Good for you man, hopefully the trade purposer remains happy and good for him too. It's a good deal no matter what if both parties agree to the terms!

Top Bottom