Trade wasr10 to saiga 20 should I do it (help me)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    ok I know saiga 20 clips are hard to come by and I think they are not being imported anymore? so does this make them rare somewhat? I had one before but only had the clip for 3"shells lol which sucked...wasr 10 are everywhere for 650 and under both are clean weapons with low round count should I trade the guy straight up for the 20gauge Saiga... any help and info is really appreciated

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    First, they're magazines not clips. And correct, the saigas are no longer imported due to the useless sanctions passed a few years ago and in theory they should go up in price as the years go by. If your looking for an "investment" peice then that would be an excellent deal. Me personally, I would keep the wasr just because I have more use for a rifle than I do a shotgun. Hope this helps.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    First, they're magazines not clips. And correct, the saigas are no longer imported due to the useless sanctions passed a few years ago and in theory they should go up in price as the years go by. If your looking for an "investment" peice then that would be an excellent deal. Me personally, I would keep the wasr just because I have more use for a rifle than I do a shotgun. Hope this helps.

LOL...yes you are right MAGAZINES MY BAD...LOL...already have 2 aks so this is a third and I was thinking about future investment....Thanks

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    How many other center fire rifles do you have? If the WASR is the only one, then I would keep it and come up with the cash for the Saiga. The WASR is a much better all-around self defense rifle than the Saiga.

If you are sitting a pile of guns and the WASR is excess, then go ahead and make the trade.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    How many other center fire rifles do you have? If the WASR is the only one, then I would keep it and come up with the cash for the Saiga. The WASR is a much better all-around self defense rifle than the Saiga.

If you are sitting a pile of guns and the WASR is excess, then go ahead and make the trade.
    Im sitting on five center fire rifles now three which are wasr 10/63s and a wasr 10 the one I thought about trading I have 500 in it, I feel as if the saiga would bring more in the future if I was going to keep it....And yeah sorry for the clips instead of mags lol darn spell check lol..........

Last edited:

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Lol its all good the clip v magazines seems to be a pet peeve. If I read I read your previous post right and you have two other akd and other rifles then id say trade it. If its a stock saiga it could make for a fun project to convert it. Oh and I wasnt trying to bust your balls over the clip magazine thing I was just trying to spread knowledge about the terminology.

Last edited:

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    No worries on the ball busting going to take alot more then that to get to me lol....I traded for it....I feel it was worth it now what are some benefits of converting it?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I personally am more of rifle guy than a shotgun guy. Your AK's will appreciate in value too, and may be easier to sell when the time comes.
    I think I would keep the AK.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Uhhh..He said clips.. That's all I got since you did the trade. :)

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    oops, I just read you already did the trade.

yes I did it after long thinking I made the leap seems worth it I dont have any shotguns so figured way not, now only if I can find so high cap mags and convert it I guess or have someone convert it depending on what all it takes lol

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    It's pretty easy. Look up saiga conversion Carolina shooters supply on YouTube and Greg will walk you through it.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Theres also an ak build party coming up where you coukd get some help if you need it. Im taking a saiga 223 project.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Theres also an ak build party coming up where you coukd get some help if you need it. Im taking a saiga 223 project.

will have to pm you on this build party could always use help on this cause I would be a nervous wreak lol....looks somewhat easy tho when I look it over and watch the videos

Top Bottom