• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    As a person not from Indy but does get down there rather often. Could someone explain to me why I-70 going through town is just set at 55 mph?

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    City people.

Almost 7 pages of first world driving problems. If you guys aren’t driving through crop fields using tractor paths, with bridges made out of rail road ties and no guard rails. Just to get to town or Kroger, you ain’t driving. :lmfao:

You guys are the problem. :bash: :runaway:

:stickpoke:

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    As a person not from Indy but does get down there rather often. Could someone explain to me why I-70 going through town is just set at 55 mph?
    It's bad enough they lower the speed limit around Indy. But what I can never understand is why they lower the limit around Bloomington to 55mph. It's not a city. It has all of 5 exists, and only moderate / light traffic. Lowering the limit to 55 is nothing but a money grab, as the police all hang out in the "55 only" area and write tickets nonstop. Absolutely ridiculous to have a limit so low!

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    It's bad enough they lower the speed limit around Indy. But what I can never understand is why they lower the limit around Bloomington to 55mph. It's not a city. It has all of 5 exists, and only moderate / light traffic. Lowering the limit to 55 is nothing but a money grab, as the police all hang out in the "55 only" area and write tickets nonstop. Absolutely ridiculous to have a limit so low!
    Not to mention that it is a limited access interstate highway with 6 lanes of traffic. Absolutely no reason for it to be 55.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    1. When the sign says "Speed Limit," it means the minimum speed you should be traveling. While the speed which might get you pulled over by the police will be 15 MPH to 30 MPH above the posted limit, driving the posted speed does not mean you won't be endangered by those frustrated by your slow driving. They will frequently pass on the left when there are double yellow lines or the right if there is not a lane, but the shoulder "might" be wide enough.

2. Yellow Lights mean keep going no matter how far you are from the intersection.

3. Red Lights mean the next three vehicles will go through the intersection; four if somebody is in a hurry.

4. Left Turn Only and Right Turn Only lanes are often used to get ahead of and cut off vehicles in the lane that is going straight.

Any others?
    Everyone of those are true on 38th st. Heck some go around in the construction zone through a red light because they have no patience.

Merging is something that the majority don’t know how to do. I about got sandwiched this morning in my work truck. I was going down 65 past Lafayette rd because I was going to exit onto 38th street. So I was in the right lane. A car on my left and the car coming up the on ramp did not try and speed up to get ahead of me, tried to get me to move over(which I couldn’t). I moved over as far as I could on my lane and the upcoming car kept trying to squeeze me. Then he had to jam his brakes on and get behind me. He flipped his brights at me and the. Passed me a told me I was number one. What a moron.

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Everyone of those are true on 38th st. Heck some go around in the construction zone through a red light because they have no patience.

Merging is something that the majority don’t know how to do. I about got sandwiched this morning in my work truck. I was going down 65 past Lafayette rd because I was going to exit onto 38th street. So I was in the right lane. A car on my left and the car coming up the on ramp did not try and speed up to get ahead of me, tried to get me to move over(which I couldn’t). I moved over as far as I could on my lane and the upcoming car kept trying to squeeze me. Then he had to jam his brakes on and get behind me. He flipped his brights at me and the. Passed me a told me I was number one. What a moron.
    There is not a single driver born after ~1965 that doesn’t know when you merge into traffic the driver in your merge lane is under no obligation to yield the right of way. The obligation to MERGE is on the merging driver. The safety factor is on them not you. You are driving down the **** road. :dunno:

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    There is only one guarantee in life, and that is that EVERY day, As I drive to and from work from Clarksville to sellersburg along 31, there must be someone in front of me that insists on doing 10-15 mph under the speed limit. Every. Single. Damn. Day!!!
    I drive below the speed limit every day on I70 headed to downtown. I leave early and try to relax while taking my time getting to work. I want that trip to be nice and slow. For me riding in my car either listening to music or praying is more calming than being in a hurry to get to work.
    But, there are three lanes going in my direction. I stay in the middle which leaves the right lane for all vehicles entering or exiting the highway and the left lane for those whom wish to go fast.

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I drive below the speed limit every day on I70 headed to downtown. I leave early and try to relax while taking my time getting to work. I want that trip to be nice and slow. For me riding in my car either listening to music or praying is more calming than being in a hurry to get to work.
    But, there are three lanes going in my direction. I stay in the middle which leaves the right lane for all vehicles entering or exiting the highway and the left lane for those whom wish to go fast.
    Well that just makes entirely to much common sense. What world do you live in? :lmfao:

Top Bottom