• Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A little advice:

If you or someone you know is new to shooting and guns, get some training before you buy your first gun. If you don't know much about shooting or guns to begin with what are the odds of making the right decision? There is no shame in not knowing what to buy or how to shoot. We offer classes that are reasonably priced and will get you a solid start into shooting. In the long run it will be cheaper to buy the right gun the first time. In the long run it will be cheaper to buy a good gun than a cheap one. After you get a little training come in and rent some guns and shoot them before you buy. If you buy the right gun it will last a life time. Don't get in a hurry and buy something that you will not really like.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Great idea. I took an NRA Basic course, and shot a BUNCH of handguns before I bought anything.

Of course, I am still buying new guns every time I see/hold/shoot something I like. Certainly not "one and done"!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    In the last few months I have seen many people get bit because they buy first and ask questions later. Ever try to teach someone how to shoot well with their new Smith and Wesson Shield in .40, and they have never shot before?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    In the last few months I have seen many people get bit because they buy first and ask questions later. Ever try to teach someone how to shoot well with their new Smith and Wesson Shield in .40, and they have never shot before?

OR try to teach a lady to shoot a 38 snubby that a relative or friend has assured her is perfect for her even though she has great difficulty pulling the trigger. Advice couldn't be better.. Take a class and understand what you want to do with a pistol before you decide on one and then shoot a few to finalize your decision.
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Last edited:

Rocket

Expert
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Or have a boyfriend tell his 100lb girlfriend that the only gun is a 1911 in .45acp? Training is the way to go!! We often suggest class and rentals prior to purchasing. (Disclaimer there are plenty of people who are small male and female that have 0 issues shooting a big gun. But they have been taught. I referr to the poor you tube victims that stupid guys like to laugh at.)

Barry

Plinker
    Nov 18, 2008
    I'm actually proud of my wife. When I got into Glocks, I just assumed that she would want one also and started looking for one for her. She handled mine and said she wanted a revolver. I bought her an LCR in .38 and she was happy. She was 7 for 10 the first time she shot it at an 8" steel plate at 10 yards.

Top Bottom