• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    This last Sunday we had our monthly run and gun event. The melting snow and rain left us with a course that was laden with thick sloppy mud. On top of the cold rain. However, it was a great day to train. If a situation where to arise, we have no control of the weather. You can't call time out and wait for nice sunny day. You need to be able to adapt to the conditions.

It's a good chance to really test your gear. No matter if it's your rifle or any other piece of gear. You need to know that it will function no matter what mother nature throws at you. Is your optic really waterproof? Will your rifle and or pistol run when wet? Are those boots you bought really waterproof? Did the jacket you wore keep you dry? You'll never know, until you get out and train in such weather. No matter if it's 90 degrees, or cold and rainy. It's a great oppurtunity to see what gear works for certain weather conditions.

Don't wait for that nice sunny day to get out and train. Know the limits of yourself and your gear.

Last edited:

pingme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    I am a huge fan of training 'off the reservation'. Vast majority ppl only train in comfortable environments and almost panic when they encounter the real world.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I so much want to be younger and in great condition again. I would join you all in a heart beat. I miss those run & gun drills in the hills in all sorts of weather. I love the rain and the thunder. With or without a tent.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Agreed 100%. "If it ain't rainin' we ain't trainin'!" We train year round in all weather. Too cold, too snowy, too hot, too muddy. Etc. You can't pick when your fight will happen. You have to learn to look past the weather or other environmental conditions, to focus on what you need to do. Win the fight.

2013-01-19_11-56-54_321.jpg

Pic of my guns during a range session this past Saturday. Ran the G19 dry, went to back up, ran it dry. Again and again.

2011-11-15_09-47-58_872.jpg

Piston AR last March. It rained for 2 straight days of training. Lots of mud. Guns went down hard. This one ran the whole time. Amazing.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Agreed 100%. "If it ain't rainin' we ain't trainin'!" We train year round in all weather. Too cold, too snowy, too hot, too muddy. Etc. You can't pick when your fight will happen. You have to learn to look past the weather or other environmental conditions, to focus on what you need to do. Win the fight.

2013-01-19_11-56-54_321.jpg

Pic of my guns during a range session this past Saturday. Ran the G19 dry, went to back up, ran it dry. Again and again.

2011-11-15_09-47-58_872.jpg

Piston AR last March. It rained for 2 straight days of training. Lots of mud. Guns went down hard. This one ran the whole time. Amazing.

This is a good reason for me to move to Miami. Props to all who have been getting after it in the weather:rockwoot:

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    we say the same thing at appleseed. events run rain or shine, artic or inferno. bad weather, fine, unsafe weather, well, thats where we draw the line. lightning, etc, something where someone could get hurt, things shut down and find shelter. as a shooter i never attended an event during good weather, always either pouring rain, hotter than snot, both, or snowing. loved it. my rifles and pistols have seen all conditions like you, and are doing great as well. glad there are like minded folk out there when it would be a nice day to stay inside.
    definately would not mind coming out if you would have me.

Top Bottom