• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattyboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Clark county
    I was curious if anyone knew of any firearms/self-defense training in Southern Indiana in Clark, Floyd, Washington, or any other counties near these listed. I'm not looking for any specific kind of training as I am always wanting to learn more about firearms and self defense. anything from rifles to hand to hand combat fits the description. Also places that are pretty friendly to youth would be awesome since I am only 17 and my dad may also attend these with me as we are both fairly new to the world of firearms. Any info on any places/people who fit this description would be awesome!

Also I want to say that I am new to INGO but from only being here a few days I am very pleased with it! I have learned a ton just reading from through the threads and everyone here seems to be pretty knowledgeable and willing to help out those who are less knowledgeable but are wanting to learn. So thank you all for your hospitality you all rock! :rockwoot: :D

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I took an NRA Basic Pistol class at Hi Tek, and was reasonably satisfied. The instructor was a little off on some of his Indiana law, but overall a good class. They have 4 levels of their tactical handgun class, and are looking to add a long fun class.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I took a wonderful class at Deep Water Defense. They use to have a website but I checked a few days ago but it was not active. They are on facebook. I was going to contact them to see if they are still offer classes.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I teach for On Target Training and we conduct classes at the Silver Creek Conservation Club in Sellersburg. We will be posting a class schedule for next year shortly. Please PM me if you have any questions.

On Target Firearms Training Professionals

Go with these guys if you live in southern Indiana (and can't walk to Terre Haute)! I know them both and I would train with them if I lived there and I probably will drive down there to train with them sometime soon.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    ll
    I took an NRA Basic Pistol class at Hi Tek, and was reasonably satisfied. The instructor was a little off on some of his Indiana law, but overall a good class. They have 4 levels of their tactical handgun class, and are looking to add a long fun class.

Not sure why an NRA Basic Pistol instructor is teaching IN law as part of their basic pistol course. But maybe it was just an opinion given during discussion.

Go with these guys if you live in southern Indiana (and can't walk to Terre Haute)! I know them both and I would train with them if I lived there and I probably will drive down there to train with them sometime soon.

If Rhino endorses these guys that is good enough for me.

I host NRA basic pistol and basic personal protection courses in Jackson County. Will post a schedule soon. But classes will probably be in March and September. I also have access to a couple of private ranges in Southeast IN and plan to be available to help small groups or couples in 2013.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Last time I checked, Rick Denny, the firearms trainer for the New Albany Police does classes. I don't have his number, but I know they had a flyer at Orion Arms by the front door.

Last edited:

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    'Training'........hmmmm.....?

been 'training' since was old enuff to hold 1 up and pull a trigger......rec'n I know 'what to do' without load'd/lining anybody's pockets......trus'me......

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    'Training'........hmmmm.....?

been 'training' since was old enuff to hold 1 up and pull a trigger......rec'n I know 'what to do' without load'd/lining anybody's pockets......trus'me......

'shootin' ...........hmmmmmmm..........???????

I have been shootin ever since I was about 5 years old when my Pappy helped me hold a rifle. Even gots me a bunch of trophies an medals. Heck I did'n even know what I did'n know until I load'd some dudes pocket and he taught me somethun.

Trust me when I say that training is both a journey and an investment. ;)

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    'shootin' ...........hmmmmmmm..........???????

I have been shootin ever since I was about 5 years old when my Pappy helped me hold a rifle. Even gots me a bunch of trophies an medals. Heck I did'n even know what I did'n know until I load'd some dudes pocket and he taught me somethun.

Trust me when I say that training is both a journey and an investment. ;)

Hahaha......yeah,me'be so dude.....me'be so......
    Been draw'n a hammer from a 'holster' for 'bout....?.....37 yrs......not much difference......would be suffice ta say can drive 6 nails to ever 1 you drive.....and I'll HAND you yer 1......jus' say'n.....hahaha. No disrespect intend'd,LOL.....just 'train'n'.......

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    :( Sadly I always bend the nail sideways when I try to hammer them in.

But you are correct a hammer and gun are both tools. So not a lot of difference. Carry on.

Top Bottom