• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I agree with Burl. I think a "HTH defense while armed" class is a good idea. The idea that you will be able to simply pull a gun out and de-escalate the situation is foolhearty at best. I am not trying to learn martial arts entirely, but some introduction to defending your weapon is something I'd pay for.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Actually, I would love a class on weapon retention.

I was just yanking Burl's chain a bit. Actually, the limited amount of retention and counter-retention (i.e. disarming) training I've had has been some of the most valuable. All the "shooting" courses in the world won't do sh*t for you when some punk sticks a pistol in your face from arms' length and demands your money. A trainer friend of mine has a favorite saying - "sometimes the nearest gun is just a broken-armed a$$hole away." :):

The beauty of a lot of these techniques is that anybody can do it... my wife has been through the training (which may serve her well – she works in the public school system, where weapons can potentially be carried by anyone except the teachers and staff), and Calvin and I have great fun taking turns disarming each other using fingers, candy canes, or whatever other nearby props can stand in for a gun.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Obijohn, it looks like the ACT website got hacked, so I can't see what all is normally available. Time to upgrade wordpress.

As far as a request, I'd like to learn to use my 870 better. The combo my wife bought me came with a 20" smoothbore slug barrel, but I've never put anything through it.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Obijohn, it looks like the ACT website got hacked, so I can't see what all is normally available. Time to upgrade wordpress.

As far as a request, I'd like to learn to use my 870 better. The combo my wife bought me came with a 20" smoothbore slug barrel, but I've never put anything through it.

thanks for the heads up. i don't usually check the site every day. will from now on. website is now fixed.

defensive shotgun 101 will roll out in late april early june. your's is the first request for shogo, stay tuned.

thanks again

INGunLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    thanks for the heads up. i don't usually check the site every day. will from now on. website is now fixed.

defensive shotgun 101 will roll out in late april early june. your's is the first request for shogo, stay tuned.

thanks again

Throw in another request for shogo.

When do you expect your training to start next year? I would like to take a defensive pistol real soon.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Throw in another request for shogo.

When do you expect your training to start next year? I would like to take a defensive pistol real soon.

request noted, thanks. we'll be moving back outside in march. we'll likely have some scheduling announcements after the new year.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Do you do muddy classes?

TrainfortheFight.jpg

:rockwoot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Only while it's raining (or afterward).

I just realized that in that one post I have opened myself up to being asked at every shooting event with you to go and jump in the mud if it makes me feel better.... :n00b:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I just realized that in that one post I have opened myself up to being asked at every shooting event with you to go and jump in the mud if it makes me feel better.... :n00b:

And I usually don't forget such important things, such as information I can use to tease my friends over, and over, and over . . .

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    If it were possible it would be nice if classifiers could be shoot during the league shooting. Not sure how hard it is to become a USPSA club, just an idea. May also help get new member some classifications.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    We can shoot them at the league each and everytime for practice. However, are you wanting them to count? We could probably do that as well and submit them with WVPPS scores on the third weekend. I will check on the cost and so forth and we will discuss it at the year end meeting and see what we can do.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom