• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dudelittle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Attica
    I was talking with the wife the other day and I mentioned wanting to take some sort of trauma class,and she agree with the desire. I was wanting some input or first hand experience from fellow INGO'ers. Any help is appreciated.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Hugh Coffee is the best I know of anywhere. Period. He teaches his own classes through his company Ditch Medicine. He also teaches them through ESEE's school as well. There are several versions from field trauma to gunshot-type trauma.

He's also the nicest human being alive.

You'd have to travel though. He teaches in Atlanta area or at the ESEE farm in Alabama.

Unless we get enough people that want to take a class here and I'll bring him up.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Hugh Coffee is the best I know of anywhere. Period. He teaches his own classes through his company Ditch Medicine. He also teaches them through ESEE's school as well. There are several versions from field trauma to gunshot-type trauma.

He's also the nicest human being alive.

You'd have to travel though. He teaches in Atlanta area or at the ESEE farm in Alabama.

Unless we get enough people that want to take a class here and I'll bring him up.

i'm in for a class

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Seems like the definition of a 'trauma class' is very subjective.
    The referenced one by cce1302 (above) looks vastly different to
    one I was referencing (below) and both are likely different to what the OP may have been actually looking for.
    Dudelittle I do not know what you had in mind but I know Cavmedic is offering a trauma class locally that you may want to check into. Just my .02

Course Description:

An emerging view of a well-rounded armed individual is that he possesses the ability to press home the fight and render aggressive patient care, not only to himself, but also to those who have fallen around him. From initial contact to a position of cover, those skills sets will be taught which will enable the student to fight and assist the traumatized while injured. Integration of physically demanding patient intervention and live fire exercises are designed to mold the disciplines of pre-hospital trauma care and weapons manipulation into a seamless response. The medical component of this course builds upon the recognized doctrines of "Care Under Fire" and "Tactical Field Care." Medical equipment traditionally carried in an IFAK will be used. However, improvised alternatives will be demonstrated and implemented as well. No prior medical training is required for this course. The firearms component requires the student to have mastered at least an
    intermediate level of pistol proficiency. Potential students are advised that the course is physically demanding due to patient drags, lifts, and long training evolutions. The intent of the course is to have the students complete assigned tasks while impacted by weather, fatigue and hunger.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Adaptive Consulting & Training will be offering an Emergency Med class on 17 OCT. We will be covering and overview early in the day with gear review and hands on later in the day. This may not fit the latest hotness and tacitcool definition of a "trauma" class, but without knowledge of basics and preparedness for 95-98% of what we may encounter day to day, taking too much valuable training time and other resources to learn very low probability uses isn't the way it should be. Learning how to keep someone alive until EMS arrives is training time better spent.

Top Bottom